3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sooooooo.....what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:19 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you need to find about 35 tens

Old 03-12-2010, 10:25 PM
dodgegirl05
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doh!!!!! lol

Old 03-12-2010, 10:31 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SMKNRAM
come on I will do it!!!
i bet you will you dirty old man..

dodgegirl- if you have a floor jack, a grinder and some basic hand tools you can do it yourself!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:32 PM
southernbnb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aww come on beater!! the old man has gotta get some attention some where!!! lol

Old 03-12-2010, 10:44 PM
dodgegirl05
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol southernbnb you can help if ya wanna

Old 03-12-2010, 10:52 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion

dang what with the busting on the old man???

AND southern rest assured, the "old man" gets plenty of attention!!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:49 AM
mmstar23
Champion

nice truck girly, but those tail lights are yuck..just IMO. and yes you do need a lift. i can help you out if you want....but i will say this....to do things right and have a lift that rides far better than stock its gonna cost a lot if you want to go high. if you take notice, most of the cookie cutter lifts dont go above 6" because our dodge HDs have issues with going higher than that, 1 being your steering setup and 2 the angles of all of your suspension, and driveshafts go all out of whack. a nice solid 6" is fabtech. and you can clear 37s very easily as long as your using the right wheels (backspacing & width) if you want an 8"....there arent a whole lot og GOOD options. 1 is RIZE, but i use to drive one...and its really not that great and its a lot of bones for a bunch of drop brackets. if i were to build another truck, i woudl either use my suspension system (spirson) the new Carli 6" or pieve together a kit....that would be your best bet if you dont want to go to crazy with the bank. Pure Performance Long arms along with Thuren Fabrication steering setup and 7" soft ride coils would be amazing. and all of this comes into play of what you plan on using your truck for. if you offoad a lot your going to want atleast a 2.0 shock (i recomend 2.5's) that are Remote Resi or piggy backs. there are too many guys ive heard that use the bilstein 5100s with a lot of off roading and they cant even touch the shock body because its too hot...at that point your shock is basically doing nothing. so a good 2.5 Fox will do wonders. and if you get really serious you can have Mike Or Sage over at Carli Valve your shocks, to run specifically to your truck and driving habbits...Don at Thuren Fab also does this and would be cheaper....do your research..and if you have questions please ask

*edit* oh and for the rear, please dont spend the money on a decent suspension and throw 4"+ blocks in the rear. Deavers or Atlas Springs are your best bet....if you go 8"....4" Deavers and 2" shackles would do verrrry nicely!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 AM
jarhead03
Veteran

I say lets take up a collection and get her a lift! Lol, i have ten bucks, now add her ten she found there is twenty, now 33 more members chip in ten bucks and then she can order the lift! Problem solved! I bet the boyfriend would love that, bunch of dudes chipping in for modding her truck! Lol

Old 03-13-2010, 01:59 AM
mmstar23
Champion

Originally Posted by jarhead03
I say lets take up a collection and get her a lift! Lol, i have ten bucks, now add her ten she found there is twenty, now 33 more members chip in ten bucks and then she can order the lift! Problem solved! I bet the boyfriend would love that, bunch of dudes chipping in for modding her truck! Lol
LOL!!! i want in on this deal!

but im not too sure what kit you can buy for $330???

Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 AM
southernbnb
Captain

oh hell hot damn!!!! im on my way girl!!!! lmao

smkn - i know bro i was just givin ya a hard time!! lol

and im down for a donation!! i just got payed yesterday so put me down for a couple tens!! lmao

Last edited by southernbnb; 03-13-2010 at 05:04 AM.