3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need alignment or u joints, etc..

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 PM
jfrerichs89
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need alignment or u joints, etc..

Ive got a vibration that starts at about 50 mph and stays pretty bad to about 70 when my ride starts getting smoother. I can feel the vibration in the steering wheel and on my accelerator.. the steering wheel goes back and fourth if i let go... If i coast and take my foot off the pedal the vibration goes away... other than that it gets so bad that my cds skip when im going through the 50 - 70 mph range.

It happened before i got my new tires with a balance, and i got them rebalanced about 2 weeks ago.

If its not me needing an alignment what could i do to check the other things, such as a u joint?

Thanks

Old 03-23-2010, 06:12 AM
ndgo88

I have the same problem. I figured it was my front rotors. I pulled the tires this past Saturday. Pulled the calipers off but could not get the caliper adapters off. I ended up replacing the pads anyhow because they were shot. I too would like any advice on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:40 AM
dublduty
Professional

I had the same issue before and would have to say it is a bad tire, broken radial/belt to be exact. You can balance them till the cow's come home but will never solve the issue. Time for a new tire or tires........let me guess Goodyear Wrangler Hp's??

Quick Reply: Need alignment or u joints, etc..