3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Full Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:32 PM
HemiPro_05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Throttle

How many people on here have the Full Throttle lift kits on their 1500's? The info on there website is very vague and I'm just wanting to know more about them. Tried lookin on here and a couple more places but have yet to find info

Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 PM
mmstar23
Champion

i dont know much about them on the 1500s, but i do know about them as a company as well as them being on the HDs. FTS (Full Throttle Suspension) is absolute ****. this is merely an opinion, but i do know my share of suspension, and FTS is something to avoid if you want a halfway decent ride. and this is all opinion. about 3 months ago, i ran into a guy with a FTS on his 08 duramax, and we were discussing the kit and he said it rode pretty good contrary to what he heard before buying it and offered me a ride. i rode in it, not driving, im sure it would have been worse driving because i would feel the steering wheel and response, but it rode just like my dads 05 International bucket truck....rode like absolute crap (like a tank) and this guy thought it rode "good" i didnt want to knock him, because the truck sure did look nice, but rode pretty bad...

Old 03-22-2010, 11:42 PM
HemiPro_05
Rookie

well what lift do you reccomend? I wanna do a suspension anywhere from 4-6" and a 3" body. Ive seen tons of 1500 with one or the other on 35;s. I wanna be different and do both and sit on 37s or 38s. Nobody around here has that kind of lift. I know its not reccommended on 1500 but it will hardly ever go off road...more of a looks truck

Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 PM
mmstar23
Champion

its not recomended because the amount of stress on the IFS setup, just understand that with that added weight and rotating mass you will be putting your hubs, and other suspension parts such as ball joints under a lot more stress and they will wear out much quicker and you will have to replace them. as far as a brand, Fabtech makes a quality kit for the 1500. theres a guy on here with an 11" lift on 38" kumhos...dunno his name but hes got a grey truck with RBP grille. might want to get in touch with him. WEED is also running a 12" lift? and Rubber Frog has a 9" on 35s.

Quick Reply: Full Throttle