3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowmaster Flowing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:47 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flowmaster Flowing

That does sound good. Do you have much/any interior resonance? I've got 40's on the old car on the left and the sound inside the car can drive you nuts at times.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:06 PM
TexasRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my old truck 97 dodge ram lifted 360 had the old 2 chanber on it, and boy did it sound better than most hot rods in the area. SOmething about the engins that makes exhaust a must have for our trucks! My 05 i took a different route this time, since everyone had a flowmaster I found this-

http://www.aero-turbine.com/

I could not beleive the differnce, its quite while at idle, but when you wake up the old ponies under the hood, watch out! I think it sounds better than the flow. But at any rate, Dodges are the sweetest sounding trucks out there. Anybody notice this?

Old 05-04-2005, 01:28 PM
qdawg76
Rookie

mopartodd--You can hear a little rumble in the cab but not to bad. Just a mellow flow sound.

I agree with you Texas Ram that Dodges are the sweetest sounding trucks out there. I was glad on my choice to do just the single out with the Flowmaster. Especially after hearing it

Beastmaker- Yes They took the resonater off

Now I just need to find someone out there that makes a Chip or programmer for the 05 4.7L and I will be happy

Old 05-05-2005, 10:00 AM
mcgill4

Qdawg, I hope you have a better experience with the Black Chrome Tip than I did. Had 2 different ones on my 03 Durango, and my neighbor had duals on his 03 Ford Pickup, and we both had to get them replaced. Me I had another black chrome tip put back on, but in about a month I had to have it changed with a regular chrome tip. My neighbor had the same thing done to his. The black chrome will start to turn colors and get a yellowish look to it. When I got my 05 Dodge Ram 1500, I went with the flowmaster and dual chrome tips and havent had any problems. Of course the shop that put them on changed them for free and eventually quit selling those tips because of that problem.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:22 AM
qdawg76
Rookie

I was told by the shop that sold it to me that they will change colors if you use anything other than soap to clean them. The guy said that it is electroplated on there and chemicals will change it a yellowish brown color. I only use a wet cloth to clean it, I like the way it looks so I hope I have better luck with it, but if not then I will get the Plain chrome tip. Thanks for the heads up

Old 05-05-2005, 11:30 AM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you clearcoat the tip? Would that help keep it from changing colors? I have been contemplating clearcoating my 20" Chrome rims and (when I get them) Step Bars, and exhaust tips. What do you guys think?

Old 05-10-2005, 08:56 AM
rambob
Rookie

Hey gdawg 76 I'm from St. Augustine. I live in Sachse Texas now. I've got an 04 Ram 1500 Reg. cab 4.7 auto. Don't believe every thing you hear about modding your truck. Exhaust and intake mods may give you a little more power but it will move it up the rev range. Bottom line you lose some bottom end. If you want to gain some power have your pcm retuned by someone reputable.
if you do this you might have to use 93 octane gas.

I had a k&n drop in filter and a flomaster 50 on my truck and it didn't do much but make noise. My truck has 16k miles on it now and I get 15 mpg in town with out the flomaster and K&N. I use moble 1 5W30 oil and the truck is bone stock. It's stronger now bottom end on up than it was with that crap on it. I would like a better sounding exhaust on the truck but I don't want to lose my low end torque around town. Just some observations from an old fart from Florida. Do what you like just do some carefull research first.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:47 PM
qdawg76
Rookie

Thanks for the info. I will have to check into it. I am waiting for a company to come out with a chip or somethis to see how much they are going to cost

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Flowing