3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Reg cab vs. Quad cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 03:28 PM
alloy171
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reg cab vs. Quad cab

I'm debating buying a ram but i am stuck between getting a QC or a reg cab. THe reason i wouldnt mind a regular cab is because 1) they are cheaper 2) they get better mileage probably 3) parking in Los Angeles is shi* 4) i'm a single college student who doesn't need to haul a family.

Can you guys give me some advice on what i should do? I wouldn't mind saving a couple thousand dollars with the reg cab, but will i regret it? And how much better mileage would a reg cab get?

Thanks

Old 05-03-2005, 03:50 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reg cab vs. Quad cab

I own a regular cab Ram myself. My wife and I looked at the QC and decided it was more than we needed. Even if we have a kid, there will be ample room in the RC to buckle in a baby seat and have a baby support baggage area behind the seat.

The other reason I wanted the RC was that I wanted the fastest Hemi truck I could get.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:21 PM
WingViper
All Star

I picked a quad cab cause I like interior room to stash stuff. Plus, if I want to take friends anywhere with me or something. I just like having the versatility. I like the RC's too but I also got a great deal on this used QC. Mileage is better on the RC's by a few mpg. I just got out of college, and I figured I'd have the truck for quite a few years (my family usually keeps them until we kill them) so I could justify keeping it if I EVER got married, haha. But like Todd said, plenty of room for a baby on board if needed. Parking may be a b*tch.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Drew
Professional

yea, strolling through the parking lots in my 2500 4x4 QC isnt the easiest thing in the world if I'm looking for up front parking. Ive gotten used to walking a bit so it doesnt bother me too much. I could use the exercize anyway

I got the QC mainly for the fact that I could forsee the need for space in the future. plus I also have a place to put stuff if it's raining and not worry about being cramped when I have alot of stuff to put in the cab. My little yoda is also a x-cab, the back is mainly used for tie straps, bungees, and rope since that truck does most of the yard work light hauling.

I used to have a nissan reg cab. and me bing 6'3" it's hard to fit into small pickup reg cabs. I knew I wouldnt have a problem with a reg can full size, but I decided to go for the gusto

Old 05-03-2005, 06:50 PM
DonG
Veteran

If I were a single college student, I would definately get a Single Cab Short Box. Considerably more sporty, better performance due to weight savings, as well as the reasons you stated. With the split bench seat you can still haul 2 other people in a pinch and if you get a lockable hard toneau, you'll have more than enough storage.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:19 PM
qdawg76
Rookie

I got the Regular cab due to the fact of the price and the RC has plenty of storage room behind the seat.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:09 AM
mozingod
Rookie

College student here too. I got the RC for the mpg, price, and didn't need the QC. Besides, when I go out to lunch with the guys, I never have to drive. Saves even more gas

Old 05-04-2005, 11:04 AM
mill500
Veteran

I got the QC for the same reasons as the others did...family, friends, dog, etc. and really like it. It's the main reason my wife really likes the truck--now it works like a car for that type of stuff. I agree tho, that if I were a college kid like you, I'd probably get the single cab with a bed cover so you can throw your stuff back in the bed. Cheaper, more manueverable and a heck of a lot easier to park.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Vader
Champion

Due to your current status, get the Reg Cab.

Old 05-04-2005, 05:52 PM
ross944
Veteran

college student here, got the QC just cuz i got a great deal on it...plus...its Texas, gotta have a big truck[8D]

Quick Reply: Reg cab vs. Quad cab