3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Shocks & Struts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005 | 03:45 AM
RamObsessed
Default Shocks & Struts?

Im having my truck gone over in about 3 weeks while Im away on vacation and having any "deemed necessary" work done by my mechanic. (before I start my mods)
I know I need brakes and I know Im gonna need shocks and struts. With 60k and nothing ever touched I figure its about due.
So heres my question. I want shocks and struts that hold up well...but aren't insanely expensive. I looked into the Baja shocks a bit but from what I know they make it a bit more bouncy and I dont feel like bouncing all over the place lol. Im not doing major offroading or anything. Just alot of driving on crappy roads. Being in NY though theres some major potholes here so I need S & S that will hold up to the job and I wont be constantly replacing.

Any recommendations?!?!?

Old 05-04-2005 | 05:37 PM
kharding20
Professional
Default RE: Shocks & Struts?

I dont really know what they cost, but a friend of mine had a set of blistin shocks put on his truck and they rode really nice on rough gravel roads. Like I said, I dont know what they cost but they are good shocks.

Old 05-04-2005 | 07:31 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Struts? We don't need no stinkin' struts...Seriously now, for shocks I would go with either the Bils or the Rancho 9000's. Plan about $250 for these online before shipping and labor to put them on. As soon as I get the money I'm gonna go with the Bilstein shocks. Main difference is the Rancho 9000 are adjustable with a **** on the side and the Bils are not adjustable. Both are valved really well.

Old 05-04-2005 | 10:07 PM
RamObsessed

Great, thanks for the info guys. Appreciate it

Quick Reply: Shocks & Struts?