3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

well i finally pulled the trigger!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 08:02 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by southernbnb
i got paid today and had some overtime so i had a little extra cash. i also hauled a truck to the junk yard and got 300 bucks for it. since i had some extra coin i decided to go ahead and order the level i have wanted since i bought the truck!!! im so freakin stoked!!! i cant wait for it to get here! :icon_h eadbang:
Great, Tell us about the kit you ordered. As for the alignment I recomend before going to the alignment shop, go to your local parts store and buy two caster/camber kits. You'll need them for a proper alignment. If you buy them yourself they will cost about $100. If you let the shop provide them they'll cost you about $70 ea. You will need two kits. Good luck...

Old 04-10-2010, 08:52 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Great, Tell us about the kit you ordered. As for the alignment I recomend before going to the alignment shop, go to your local parts store and buy two caster/camber kits. You'll need them for a proper alignment. If you buy them yourself they will cost about $100. If you let the shop provide them they'll cost you about $70 ea. You will need two kits. Good luck...

I haven't heard any of this before? There should be enough room within factory adjustments to get an alignment without additional parts.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:19 AM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

way to go Southern!! now hurry up you only have a week to get it done!!!

Old 04-10-2010, 09:40 PM
southernbnb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lmao smkn i wish i could get it done in time for the GTG but it probably wont be here till the end of the week if im lucky!! and i work all day wednesday and thursday. oh well.

VA- i bought the 2" front lift kit with procomp es9000 shocks from fatbobsgarage.com. heres a link to it.

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/dodge...008-p1740.aspx

Old 04-10-2010, 11:42 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn southern I thought you had an o6. : / oh well (diff, mshocks for me...

Old 04-11-2010, 12:20 AM
southernbnb
Captain

nope 04 over here bro!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 AM
southernbnb
Captain

according to UPS my kit is enroute from salt lake city as of 0700 this morning!!!! lol woohoo!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:27 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet. ya, i just checked my goodies that are enroute.... I got my drilled/slotted rotors coming in this afternoon for my Exploder. Paid $179 shipped for all 4 corners including ceramic pads. I can't wait for the brakes not to friggin pulsate my leg off. I've been running the backs since i bought it with the rotors all rusted on the surface which is what is causing the pulsing. It had been setting for like 2yrs when i got it.
i don't think I have even been this excited for adding to my beater vehicle...lol

Makes me think that a mod is a mod regardless f what vehicle it goes on or what it may be..haha

Make sure you take some pics with them at your door...lol

Old 04-13-2010, 02:32 PM
southernbnb
Captain

im gonna take a ton of pics!!! lol and speaking of exploders you wouldnt happen to know what size the caliper bolt on a 96 exploder is would ya? im fixin to go and help a friend change her brakes and i want to make sure i take all the right tools.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Very nice bro. I know you've been waiting for the level for a while since your accident. For sure I can't wait to see the pics man. Congrats!!

Quick Reply: well i finally pulled the trigger!!!!