3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone have experience with a predator

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Michael0077
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have experience with a predator

well .... oddly enough, i finally get my superchip and i fall in love with it. me and some jerkoff with an srt10 ram start talkin about trucks outside my work and showing off our rides (he won that @#$% measuring contest) and i mentioned my superchip. he told me about the predator diablo chip, and said from his experience it was MUCH better than superchips. that even with the stock tune it gives the user, it will be a noticble horsepower gain from the superchip.
got his number down because he knows the local dodge dealer owner, who is also a predator represenitive or something, and soon as i give him a buzz is gonna set up a metting for me with him and have him explain the benefits of the predator for me, and possibly try to hook me up with a discount.

just thought i'd come to the lovely dodge forum and ask around first, usually get my best advice here ... thanks in advance!

Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

If Im not mistaken, the DSP isnt even compatable with a SRT10

each tuner has itspros and cons and depends on the year of the ride.

I have a DSP and I do like it better than my SC but thats because it gave me what SC could not which was custom tuning.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:02 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have found the SC to be far superior to the Diablo for me personally. The Predator doesn't (or at least didn't at the time I tried one out) support any transmission functions in my '04 and the tranny firmness alone in the SC is worth having it over the Diablo IMO. For me, the comparison between the canned tunes of both were night and day.

Now if Diablo supports the tranny in your truck, it may be a different story.

If you are modded to the point where you need a custom tune though, the predator or even better yet, the SCT would be a necessity...

Old 04-10-2010, 12:13 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You are right about the TCM suppport and it still is lacking on the 04 down.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:57 PM
mopar6spd
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard nothing but good things from the superchips kit...

Also on the topic of tuners for our HEMIS- I've been looking at tuners a lot lately and i'm wondering if I would notice any difference in my truck. Since its a manual transmission i'm thinking it wouldnt be worth it, due to the tuners mostly changing shift points in the auto trans.

What do you guys think? Would I notice any gain in power from one anyways?

Hammer?

Weedahoe?

Anyone?

Thanks

Old 04-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael0077
well .... oddly enough, i finally get my superchip and i fall in love with it. me and some jerkoff with an srt10 ram start talkin about trucks outside my work and showing off our rides (he won that @#$% measuring contest) and i mentioned my superchip. he told me about the predator diablo chip, and said from his experience it was MUCH better than superchips. that even with the stock tune it gives the user, it will be a noticble horsepower gain from the superchip.
got his number down because he knows the local dodge dealer owner, who is also a predator represenitive or something, and soon as i give him a buzz is gonna set up a metting for me with him and have him explain the benefits of the predator for me, and possibly try to hook me up with a discount.

just thought i'd come to the lovely dodge forum and ask around first, usually get my best advice here ... thanks in advance!
In your sig it says you have a 4.7. I didn't think the DSP supported 4.7's? Maybe they have started since I last checked but I could have sworn it was only for the hemi.

Old 04-10-2010, 03:00 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

they are beta testing 4.7s as far as i know...but no support yet...from d.s.

Quick Reply: anyone have experience with a predator