3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hey, new here

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 04:50 AM
BLee85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, new here

Hey fellas. New to the board and pretty new to Dodges as well.

Just a lil background on myself. I am currently a freshman in college, finished with all my finals today Anyways, I was looking at 03/04 Cobras but decided that me getting a high HP sports car is kinda selfish and dumb of me. Although it's damn hard to give up that much power, it's just not practical. Was also looking at maybe a Lightning, but again, it's not very practical up here in upstate NY where I will be most of my time rather than home on Long Island. I am looking right now at the Ram 1500, Nissan Titan and 04+ F-150's. I really like the look of the Rams and Titans, but I have always been a Ford guy and never really researched much elsewhere.

I didn't think the Titan would have much of an aftermarket as far as power, but researching a little more, it doesn't seem the Dodge Ram's do either. I know Kenne Bell is trying to get a kit out but can't solve the ECM.....EPU?....PCP, LSD, THC....whatever the computer thing is called that nobody can seem to be able to bypass to unleash the potential of the Hemis. Has this changed....or is there even a chance that it will be cracked especially with the Charger being released? Not really looking to race the truck, but who doesn't want a little more power huh?

Also, could someone point me to a nice lift kit? I saw the Skyjacker post and the lift is a little excessive IMO. I think 3-4" would be optimal w/ 35's.

Thanks folks.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:58 AM
BLee85
Default RE: Hey, new here

Actually, I found this pix :

I think this is a 6" lift w/ 35's? It's a 2500, but I think it would look the same on a 1500, no? Also, anyone know what kinda wheels those are? That's a beautiful truck....

Thanks again.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:59 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

the only lift i'll have is the one from Extream 4x4 when they lifted the 2500 blue dodge ram *hawt* god that truck was sick, project hemispear

Old 05-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Avanti
Captain

BLee85:

Yes, Kenne Bell IS advertising a supercharger for the hemi, though I do not know if it is shipping yet. Working out the tune is always the hardest part of this kind of thing. Don't ask how I know!

btw, I've a Kenne Bell on a built 302 and the "twin-screw" design works very well. I prefer the KB to the Vortech and Paxtons on a couple of my other toys, hence, I'd have no hesitation considering the KB for the hemi when it ships. I think KB will get it right before letting it out the door.

I've done hemis from the first series (I still have two 392c.i. powered cars) and you could do worse, I assure you!

Welcome to Mopar... if you buy. And, all the best.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:14 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a fan of twin screw designs as well and contacted KB a while back. They said it should be another month before the kit is out and will run roughly $5k.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:57 PM
gsxr150
Rookie

Welcome, I'm in the market for a Ram too. Check out my other posting ram vs. f150. Hopfully we'll get some good responses over there.

BTW-- Are you shopping for a Regular cab or extended?

Old 05-06-2005, 11:49 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: WingViper

I'm a fan of twin screw designs as well and contacted KB a while back. They said it should be another month before the kit is out and will run roughly $5k.

They said that about the system for the 03 model as well. I don't want to disappoint or discourage you, but this has been going on for some time now.

Old 05-07-2005, 07:09 PM
BLee85

ORIGINAL: gsxr150

Welcome, I'm in the market for a Ram too. Check out my other posting ram vs. f150. Hopfully we'll get some good responses over there.

BTW-- Are you shopping for a Regular cab or extended?
Extended cab for me.

And about the KB's, they will say that just to keep people waiting just in case they do release them in the future. Whipple has been saying they will start shipping out their units for the Lightnings for like 3+ monthes now....lol

Old 05-07-2005, 08:18 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

we like our hemi, we spent the better part of 3 months making our decision. if you go to the right dodge dealer, you'll be amazed what they'll do to the price, we got 10K wiped off the sticker for ours. With an extended cab, you're stuck with a 6 ft bed, which is a little longer than the toyota's i believe and most other manufacturers are pretty even. but having the HEMI badge on the front fenders deserves it's own right of ownership. as for performance, i think somebody on this board was doing a twin turbo HEMI with aftermarket computer?

Old 05-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Beastmaker
Rookie

ORIGINAL: magnethead
if you go to the right dodge dealer, you'll be amazed what they'll do to the price, we got 10K wiped off the sticker for ours.
The right dealer will do ALOT. Got mine with a bed liner, bed cover, rear wheel liners, polished aluminium gas cap cover w/original cover, nerf bars, bug guard, tail light accents, and a darn "goofy" Hemi yellow sticker on the bed for FREE, NOTHING, NOTTA, ZERO, ZILCH.... Oh yeah, 9K off the window sticker too (but that was my own "hook-up").