3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck is on the way!!! - but too soon!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005 | 03:18 PM
Treozen
Default Truck is on the way!!! - but too soon!

Hi everyone,
I ordered my RAM 1500 SLT only 2 weeks ago and apparently its already in transit. This is exiting.....and worrysome, since I was told it would take an easy 6 - 8 weeks. SO, I hope they built it right. This will be my first truck and first dodge. Im Looking forward to getting 14mpg, since my 78 vette only gets 13. Im also looking forward to being totally unable to park and rolling over other cars and innocent bystanders. I was wondering of they make a bumper sticker that reads " First truck - stay back...WAY back"

I got the quad cab and just about all the Laramie options except the leather and the "fluff" like a lighted ashtray. I got a black one because I'm a total idiot that apparently has time to wash 19 feet of truck every second day. - But it was that or white and Black won out. I got the HEMI because the commercial made it look cool and I laughed at it when I looked under the hood since its completely un-hemi-like - well, it does say HEMI on it. I was impressed by the ride quality and how quiet the cab is, I'm really looking forward to getting the truck, as long as it doesn't arrive as an 05 Caravan because they screwed the order up.

Doesn't 2 weeks sound a bit quick to be in trasit already though?

Old 05-06-2005 | 06:50 PM
gsxr150
Rookie
Default RE: Truck is on the way!!! - but too soon!

So obviously you went with quad cab right? Are you buying or leasing?

Old 05-06-2005 | 10:16 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

thats the same ting they told me when I ordered mine but it also showed up 2 weeks later.

I've only had one problem. at 700 miles the overdive valve in my auto trany valve pack went out.
since the truck came with free towing (packet off stuff that comes with the owners manual) I had it
towed back to the dealership, they swaped in a new valve pack and I have been happily on my way
ever seince. 22K miles now

Old 05-07-2005 | 12:15 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

black and red are the best dodge colors imo..

good job man!

Old 05-07-2005 | 01:13 AM
guido7
Veteran

I dont know, I like my silver toy....think it looks just fine.....

Time period is just for their security... they are building them and just set the order and do the accys to it...I wouldnt worry too much...enjoy your truck..they ARE fun....GUIDO

[IMG]local://upfiles/13612/0D0615582515491C8FB0DBE32D9E4A75.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Truck is on the way!!! - but too soon!