3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Well got pulled over....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:47 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gasguy
Why is your truck illegal in WV...is it front bumper height or dB level?
straight pipes, 10% tint on windows and 5% on back window, and the tires stick out past the flares....

Old 04-20-2010, 05:48 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker

flares i mean fenders my bad

Old 04-20-2010, 05:57 PM
sharkhunter10
Captain

lol should have worn the belt! lol that sucks

Old 04-20-2010, 06:09 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker

^^^ i know right, well last summer when i got the ticket he pulled me over for expired tag on my license plate and decided to be a a$$ and write me a ticket for the seatbelt

Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I had installed a PC based courtroom recording system a few years back when I had the network business and sat thru the first night of court that they used it in case they had a problem.
A cop ticketed a guy for having his tires stick out past the fenders. (something that 98% of all 4x4 owners in that county in Georgia has, even though technically it's illegal). Turns out the dude's girlfriend was an ex g/f of the cop and he was busting the guy's cookies.
Judge threw out the case and chastised the cop like you wouldn't believe in the open court. Was all I could do not to bust out laughing in the courtroom...

Old 04-20-2010, 06:38 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harby
I love the way you can travel from one state to another in the US and the laws change, how the hell do you know when you're doing something wrong?? At least we have the same traffic laws here in (the whole of) the UK, even if they are misguided and money making....
The way that works here is if something is legal in your state, but not in the state you're visiting, it becomes illegal for that incident in your state. I bet the seat belt laws are a prime example. "Right turn on red" is another example.

Personally, I will never step on Florida's seat belt law. I've worn my seat belt regularly since the early '70s. I can't even move a car in the driveway without buckling up. It's a habit I don't want to break.

I had a similar experience to the OP's: mis-written parking tickets caused my truck's registration renewal to be denied. It took me four months and a "reminder" from a deputy sheriff (in Florida a tag more than four months expired is a felony) to get the tag office to recognize and correct the error.

The parking tickets were written on tag # HGF 61Z, but the moron writing the tickets didn't know to put a crossbar in the "Z" to make sure it wasn't a "2", so there were six pages (!) of parking tickets on HGF 612. The deputy had never heard of registration suspension for parking tickets. I guess he considered it so preposterous he just advised me to get it straightened out asap.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:38 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker

^^^^ its stupid, granted in WV we dont exactly have stright roads and no hills, but its all about the driver.... if u can buy it, then it should be legal

Old 04-20-2010, 06:40 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker

[QUOTE=Personally, I will never step on Florida's seat belt law. I've worn my seat belt regularly since the early '70s. I can't even move a car in the driveway without buckling up. It's a habit I don't want to break..[/QUOTE]

I hit a rock head on in my old dakota i had ( gettin road head, but thats another story)n going 50 MPH, and me and my ex turned out ok, lucky i guess, but i am a big guy i dont think i could ever go out of the windshield lol

Old 04-20-2010, 06:51 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I forget to put mine on all the time in the truck, but I wear it religiously in the jeep. Reason being is that in Georgia, where I lived full time for 14 years and live half the time now, you DO NOT have to wear a seat belt in a pickup truck.
Even if you get one in Georgia in a car or suv, it's a $15 ticket state wide.

I got nailed in Florida about two years ago while in the truck, damn $178 fine!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:52 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started using 'em 'cause they made me sit up straight on trips. My back didn't hurt after a fourteen-hour drive if I wore a cinched-up seat belt. They also kept me in my seat if I was playin' on an old dirt country road. Used to do a lot of "Dukes of Hazzard" type driving when I was younger.

Quick Reply: Well got pulled over....