3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hood scoop insert

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Hemi Justin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood scoop insert

Anybody have a picture of the black plastic insert that goes in the front of the bolt on hood scoop.I need a picture of it un installed so I can see how it mounts in the scoop.I'm going to have a freind that owns a machine shop mill one out for me that says hemi.If the price is right I could have more made ounce the program is in the cnc machine.If anyone else is interested

Old 05-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Daytona Ram
Default RE: Hood scoop insert

The actual insert is the one from the SRT. There are four or five screws inside the scoop that hold the plate in place. From the dealer it is $50.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Hemi Justin
Default RE: Hood scoop insert

Cool just trying to get a head start on my new 2wd Qc Hemi.I was in a head on collision last week and they totaled my five week old truck. I get my new truck at the end of the week and want to make it stand out from the rest a little.Maybe tomorrow I'll see if the dealer has one I can borrow to take messurment off of And have it ready to install when I pick the truck up.

Quick Reply: Hood scoop insert