3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiring/DTC question, 04 1500 hemi.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
00S4Boy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring/DTC question, 04 1500 hemi.

Was doing a tune up on one today came across a single purple/white lined wire in a wire loom on the left side of the engine bay did a quick wiring diagram search on mitchell no quick finds. It was pulled out of somewhere couldn't see an attachment point found it's routing to go into the firewall to the right of the brake booster looking at it, down under the dash and up to some large wiring bundle on the left side under the dash.

Any ideas on what that wire goes to or is, i'm assuming this is a common issue with these getting ripped out since it's a single wire, plus this engine was riddled with mopar stickers ecu reflash, dealer recall, so on.

Second p0406 code by the time i pulled the codes i wasn't really in the mood to investigate could possible have something to do with this singular disconnected wire.

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
crateampsrock
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P0406 is EGR position sensor high

fixes

EGR position sweep
Intermittent condition
EGR sensor grounded

Old 05-14-2010, 01:58 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing that you have an 04, chances are the EGR is gunked up in deposits and needs to be replaced, pretty common issue. If you like to buy parts online, I'd check out rockauto.com and get the new EGR, usually the best price.

As far as the wire, I'm really not sure. If you post a picture of the location/wire then it may help us determine what it is a little bit easier.

Quick Reply: Wiring/DTC question, 04 1500 hemi.