3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new Member and New Truck(to me)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 AM
megablacktank
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man!! Nice canvas you have there and welcome to the forum. Since its 4x4 why not level the front and slap some nice AT's on there.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:08 PM
mptoad
Rookie

Originally Posted by mptoad
Gonna be a passenger carrier only for commuting and carting the family around.
The truck is going to be entirely highway use. It will be lucky if it even ever encounters a dirt driveway. The four wheel drive was a neccessity purely and simply for the winter time when the roads got crappy.

With that being said if I do anything to the suspension it will be down, not up. However, I don't want to go so low that I ahve any problems with speed bumps, parking garages, etc... So I'm thinking bring the back down to the front and put some larger rims ( any size suggestions? ).

Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker

CONGRATS truck looks good!!! my suggestions, throw one some 285/70/17s tires, or if you level it i would go for some bigger tires than that... sense its gonna be a family ride, get a not as loud exhaust, i would think maybe magnaflow, someone with a magnaflow might chime in, CAI def. or u can make one like a bunch of us did, and if u like power would recommend a SC and its great to see another dude with a 6-speed!!!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice ride man! i think you are on the right track with your mindset. get some drop shackles for the rear, and remove the overload spring. that would level you out nice. and get some 20's, you can find stock 20's for cheap. or go something aftermarket. and youve got a 6 speed already, thats real nice. some performance mods to consider are a tuner (superchips comes to mind) exhaust (as mentioned already magnaflow would suit you well) you dont need a full catback either. get a muffler and have it welded in. CAI, any will do really, no need to spend a fortune on one if you arent planning HUGE performance mods. an e-fan will help a little in both performance and mpg's. a nice set of shocks will really smooth the ride out, the stockers are pretty lame. and get some tint on those windows.

that should be plenty to start out with. remember we are always around to help. and be sure to check out the FAQS section up top. tons of great info up there.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Nice canvas, I personally like the 20's, at a minimum. The SRT 22's look bad a$$ on these trucks too.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
evomega08
Veteran

welcome, if youre going to hang out on here your mod list is going to get big fast so be prepared. I think if it were me I'd do 20's if youre leveling the back with a little bigger tire.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:10 PM
o6ramm
Banned

First, Thanks for all the expierance already posted here for me to draw from. Below (if it works) you will find a pic of my new blank canvas. Let the Mod lists begin! it is a 07 1500 4x4 4.7 with 6 speed stick. Gonna be a passenger carrier only for commuting and carting the family around. I am thinking, CAI, Cat back exhaust, Leveling ( back lowered to the front).
So lets hear it!
Wow i'm new too! but i leave mine stock for awhile no dough too blow. Good ntruck ya got there tho".

Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 AM
mptoad
Rookie
Talking

Truck is still in progress of being transferred to my dealer so I dont ahve hands on yet
ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dealer called yesterday and I was home with it about 2 hours later. Can't even describe how excited and thrilled I am with it... The pics do not do it justice.

I will be posting a few pics with questions tommarow though. Theres a few things that it looks like the previous owners did that I am not really sure whats going on.

For instance there is a velcro strip stuck on to the top of the resonator box... not sure what you would ever velcro onto a resonator box or why.....

Also... there is a blue wire that runs up from the drivers side wheel well that is not connected to anything. its just coiled up and hanging on a bracket. Its just one single blue wire..... wierd... I will post some pics of it tomarrow.....

All in all though it is an awesome truck and I can't wait to dive into it!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 AM
BigTXRam
Professional

Grats on the new truck. Im very new here myself, and just traded in my 03 single cab hemi, for the same color red 08 1500 QC sport hemi. The modding has been very addictive for me. Just bought a house Nov 09, new Truck Mar 10 had the cherrybomb si/do dumps put on there the day after I bought it and now Im waiting on the new headunit to come in so I can install the system. Kicker CompVR 10's 1500watt mono amp, etc. I ended up having to install some steps for the wife ( just got married a week ago, and shes cool with the modding as long as I dont spend ALL the money). Didnt want to mess up the underline but shes 5ft and needed a little help and since Im not big on the nerf bars I went with the steps. I love em. DIY CAI is also in the near future. Good luck with all your mods man.

Quick Reply: new Member and New Truck(to me)