3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS/Brakelight causing radio to shut off and more?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 09:06 AM
meen green machine
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/Brakelight causing radio to shut off and more?????

so this morning on the way to school i got off the freeway and pulled to a stop light and heard a ding and my radio turned off along with my amp my leds inside and speedo stopped working. the other guages worked fine and my lights and my ABS light and my parking brake light came on. i turned the truck on and turned it off and and seemed to work fine again. any ideas?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 AM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Just thinking out loud here so bear with me. Not sure about the radio and amp unless your alternator or battery is going bad which on some older vehicles I've owned causes lights and just strange stuff to happen like you've experienced.

As far as the speedo and brake lights I would maybe look at the speed sensor and see if it's wet or the connection is loose.

Just a few thoughts.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:17 AM
meen green machine
Professional

ya idk though it just happened all of the sudden and it started dinging. and as soon as i turned it off and back on it was all good again

Quick Reply: ABS/Brakelight causing radio to shut off and more?????