3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

transmission help needed bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010 | 10:31 PM
SRT10EATER
|
Default transmission help needed bad

i have an 05 ram with the sponge for a transmission in it the motor is supercharged 6.4 liter. with 4.56 gears and a big cam. i keep waisting 4th gear but it is actually 2c ud clutch that is burning up because it shifts to slow and slips. does any one know where to get a flash to make the transmission shift as hard as it can i have a diablospor so i just need a flash im going to buy a stage 3 sharadon trans soon but money is kinda hard to come by right now i dont care about longevity in the trans i just need it to get in gear and hold way faster.any one please help me.

Old 05-20-2010 | 10:56 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

not gonna be able to do that with a DSP. maybe try stacking with a superchips for the trans tuning features? or see if you cant mate a NAG1 up to that bad boy. you are making A LOT of power for a stock tranny to handle.

Old 05-20-2010 | 11:16 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

An 05' can do the trans djusts with the dsp, try adding a resistor to the trans pressure line, I believe OldDirtyJohn did a write on one, that should boost the line pressure and give it a harder shift

Old 05-21-2010 | 01:35 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by truckin151
An 05' can do the trans djusts with the dsp, try adding a resistor to the trans pressure line, I believe OldDirtyJohn did a write on one, that should boost the line pressure and give it a harder shift
HAHA! yeah didnt even think about that truckin. the increased line pressure will apply more force to the clutches, helping to eliminate some of the slipping. try the method in my DIY, or the sonnax. you can also make your own sonnax, i forgot what value resistor to use about 6 beers ago though. do some searching and you will see what im talking about.

Quick Reply: transmission help needed bad