3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Newbie here: Exhaust mod question, and truck height question....

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 08:08 PM
spinfreak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie here: Exhaust mod question, and truck height question....

Hi guys....I'm new here. Beers are on me.
I've been reading alot, but this is my first post. Anyway, I have an '03 1500 w/ the Hemi. Dark metallic gray, w/ the 20" chrome rims. Pretty much stock, besides a K&N drop in. Just got the truck about a month ago, on a great deal from my boss. I do most of my own "basic" work myself, but as far as adding aftermarket parts and doing mods, I'm all new to that stuff.
I'd like to put a new exhaust on the truck. I've read alot of good stuff about it (besides sound), but I also read a couple of posts saying that you lose low end torque when you open up the exhaust like that. I occasionally tow a 22' boat, so that is a concern to me. What would be my best option as to a new exhaust, or will I lose low end power?
Also, I'd like to drop the rear end down a little bit. I like the look of the higher rear end, but think I would like it better with the truck leveled off. Maybe even drop the front end down just a bit. I don't want some ghetto lowrider, but just want the truck to have a nice wide stance. What would eb the best way to do this? As I said, I'm new to this stuff.....reading about body drops, suspension drops, airbags, etc has my head spinning....LOL. I want to do it the right way, but at the same time price is also a concern. I don't have the money to go out and have a shop do custom work...I would like to do it myself.
Thanks for any help/info you can give.

Quick Reply: Newbie here: Exhaust mod question, and truck height question....