3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help driveshaft/drivetrain issue need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:11 AM
tsnyder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation help driveshaft/drivetrain issue need some advice

today i had some meathead cut me off at a set of lights so i lost it he came so close to hitting me it wasn't even funny.SO i punched my truck WOT and my it started to go and say at 2nd gear it felt like something slped then grabed was this my anti slip???? it made a noise comming from the drriveshaft or the rearend area .This has not been the first time it has happend to me as i said would this be my anti slip or do i have a drivetrain issue????

Last edited by tsnyder; 05-26-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 AM
blakeroberts88
Veteran

As far as anti-spin/limited slip goes it only kicks in when the other rear wheel loses traction.

I'm no expert so I'm not even going to guess what could've happened.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:38 AM
tsnyder
Professional

I am pretty sure this might be tied into why when i punch my truck is sometimes seems like some slipping and hesitation from my drivetrain the thing that gets my blood boiling is the dealership mech's wont touch anything unless it has a g.d error code or if i take my truck in on a flatbed with my diff blasted apart!!!.........the more simply things are the more complecated things get

Old 05-26-2010, 11:32 AM
tsnyder
Professional

i just hopeif it is an drivetrain issue that its under the $5000 extended bs waranty..

Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 PM
blakeroberts88
Veteran

If it's not covered and it explodes you can try claiming it under insurance maybe.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:29 PM
tsnyder
Professional

yea i did some research on some other dodge forums and see that get some guys saying it could be torque converter or the governor/selonid
.The thing that makes me scratch my head its not everytime it goes wot if it does do it its from a dead stop wot it does it.but for the stuttering sometimes from excelerating im replaceing my egr valve today and cleaning my tb

Quick Reply: help driveshaft/drivetrain issue need some advice