3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No New Ram For Me....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 05:23 AM
hoobasta4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No New Ram For Me....

tried to get my dad too, he wants to sooooo badly for me but he can't. His name is on my brothers loan for his car, the house loan, 3 or 4 personal loans, my moms car, etc. Plus, my mom recently had 2 surguries and constant visits to the hospital for check-ups and whatnot and they are on us to get our payments in on time. It sucks when my mom can't work for 4 months. So thats why they couldn't co-sign, he wouldn't be able to apply.

I'm going chevy because I was approved, but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna do it 100%

But thanks for all the support guys!

Hooby

Old 05-13-2005, 12:05 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna do it 100%
Huh? So your gonna not get your new Chevy 100% or be satisfied 100%? I understand where your coming from, but if your mom is ill and no job can't you just use another (her's or what you drive now) car and help out with family expenses and forgo the new truck for a couple of months? There is always a big difference in wants and needs. Not to be a party pooper here, but I always believe that family is first and material possessions are just that, material. I drove a POS for many years so my wife could have a new car. I finally got my new truck in January after saving up a little. But to each thier own. Hope your mother get well soon. Responsibility can suck some times, but it makes you who you are.

Old 05-13-2005, 01:18 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hoobasta4

Bad news came about today. I went and talked to the bank as far as the loan and payments. They checked my income again and said it would work just fine. But I have to finance through Chrysler Financial for 3 weeks just to get the rebates on the truck to bring it down from the list price of $31,000 to $24,000. BUT, after I sent in the form, they called my place of employment and all that stuff and I talked to the guy at the dealer and Chrysler denied me! I mean for 3 weeks! I'd have to get a co-signer. The guy at the dealership says that its mainly because I'm only 20 (which is total bull****) and that I should show that I make a little more money. I make $1,200/month at my full-time job and $500 or more a month from my own business. Even with the $1,200/month should be a decent amount considering I don't rent (live with parents for now), and don't have any other expenses, and anyone who has filled out an application form knows you put down EVERYTHING that they need to know. So, now I have to have my dad co-sign and he might not be able to because he has loans out for himself. He has a few personal loans out, a loan for the house, loan for my brothers car, my moms car, and maybe another one. I don't know what to do, who else would I get to co-sign? I mean its only for 3 WEEKS and its only for the Chrylser Financing, NOT for the bank after the three weeks! I want to get this truck by the end of the week if not early next week.

Help guys, I really want this truck!!!!

Hooby
I treid to get Chrysler financial several times starting back in 1987. They finally approved me in 2001 when i bought my Dakota. They treat everyone the same.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:57 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

You could have fudged on the take home pay as I think Chrysler only requires proof if it is over 75K/yr. Even if you live with your parents they will factor in 400-450 rent. They are in the business of having thier loans payed off. Banks lose money every year when people get repoed or file bankruptcy. Nobody ever thinks it will happen to them. I know there was a thread in the new Durango section with somebody asking about repoes as he was gonna get his repoed. Just some more info to chew on, but I still stand on my previous comment of just waiting a few months and save up some money.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:00 PM
albertschmitz
Amateur

The banks set the rules not the dealership, as for Chrysler financial and the $1,000 for financing with them, don't finance with them if they will not do it and get the extra G from the bank.

I doubt that the dealership told Chrysler you are only financing for three weeks to get the rebate because they may just not give you the money because it is their intent to recoup the $1,000 in interest over the life of the loan.

I think that it is stupid to tie a rebate to the financing but, DCF is giving the rebate not DC.

As for your age and income you are considered a high risk at the financial institutions that do not know you. All they look at is the Beacon score and I would assume unless you have had considerable amount of loans your score is probably average or non existent.

Also you do not need the loan for 3 weeks, just until it is processed at DCF then call them for a payoff and get the bank to wire them the money. Depending on the dealership that you are dealing with as to the speed of the paperwork processing. I did mine in a week because I did not like the interest rate last year.

Just my .02 worth.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:05 PM
albertschmitz
Amateur

mozingod

"You only need to keep on Chrysler Financial for 3 weeks for the rebates? No ****! I went with them for the same reason (to get the rebates and incentives), but I was told it was a year or so that you had to stay with them to keep the rebates. I'd love to switch to my bank's lower interest rate. "

The dealership told you that so they get their Chrysler guarantee, the Business Manager gets an override for lying to you.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

I stole my truck from Chrysler. They told me I had to wait four months to save on my rebates. at that time I paid off the hemi in full.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Avanti
Captain

Ha, ha... it seems the payoff timeframe on Chrysler loans is all over the ballpark, at least according to what we're told... I wonder what's true? I guess I'll find out when "my" truck comes in. If they lied to me, simple... they keep the truck. I really don't need it right now, but was buying because I don't like what I see and hear about the '06s and got a pretty good deal. But, it's a Dodge, there'll be another down the road, if they lied and I walk...

And, they wonder why people hate buying new vehicles...

(Wow, I see I'm now a "Daily Commuter." I'm coming up in the world!)

Old 05-17-2005, 03:11 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

hey hooba, one thing... GM is hurting so bad right now they need every customer they can get even if you have not so perfect credit and it looks like you might not be able to pay forever. They are basically bankrupt and it is only a matter of time before they will be practically giving away their products!

I got my HEMI last year with all of the rebates and got a good interest rate that was equal to the credit union and a couple of other lenders that approved me. If your credit score isnt up to snuff, your going to have a hard time getting what you want even with the income or down-payment.

Quick Reply: No New Ram For Me....