3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rattling noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010 | 10:41 AM
kitch03ram
|
Default Rattling noise

Hey guys i got this obnoxious problem on my 4.7. at first i thought maybe it was my throwout bearing but im starting to think it could be the inside of my drivers side converter. it started when i decided to cut my exhaust and make it exit outta chrome tips in front of the passenger tire, i think when i hung the end of the pipe with the exhaust hanger it might have raised the whole system about an inch putting pressure on the y pipe maybe causing something to fall apart. if this is the case i know its almost 400 bucks for the y pipe with the 2 converters in it. anyone got any good aftermarket brands around the same price to recommend? i will probably get headers too as long as im doing it. wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

thanks,

Dan

Old 06-14-2010 | 12:50 PM
JMaxx93

Your throwout bearing should only make noise (assuming its bad) when your clutch pedal is depressed. If you shift into nuetral and take your foot off the pedal with the engine running and you still hear the noise. It's not your bearing.

Old 07-14-2010 | 05:44 PM
busamom
Default throwout bearing

Originally Posted by JMaxx93
Your throwout bearing should only make noise (assuming its bad) when your clutch pedal is depressed. If you shift into nuetral and take your foot off the pedal with the engine running and you still hear the noise. It's not your bearing.
We have an 03 3500 with a south bend clutch...if the rattling noise is not the throwout bearing then pleaaaaasssse help....what is the cause of this??????

thanks!

Quick Reply: Rattling noise