3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger side window not working from pass. side only

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:08 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO I just went outside and smacked the panel a couple times and now the window works from the pass side using the pass window up/down button. And yeah I made sure the window lock was off. Saved me from taking the panel off. If it happens again, hopefully I can do the same thing and problem solved.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:13 PM
DWD Mark

I have a similar problem:Outta the blue yesterday, my door ajar light came on along w/ the overheads and also lost mirror controls and can only operate the locks and windows from the driver's door. Anybody know what the deal is?

Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

It started acting up today so I'm about to rip the door panel off in a bit ..

Old 06-10-2010, 01:33 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

I took the panel off and popped the window circuit board..there are two bodies of wires and I know which one controls the windows so I tried messing with the wires and jiggling them and whatnot, but I still got nothing . I unplugged both bodies of wires and then plugged them back in but also no success. Any other advice?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
jeepdude
Amateur

Originally Posted by 02Steve1990
I took the panel off and popped the window circuit board..there are two bodies of wires and I know which one controls the windows so I tried messing with the wires and jiggling them and whatnot, but I still got nothing . I unplugged both bodies of wires and then plugged them back in but also no success. Any other advice?
id check with your multi meter to see first if there is voltage to the switch. Connector to ground.

Secondly if there is voltage there I'd take apart the rocker switch and clean the contacts with some light sand paper. Small contacts create tiny arcs that eventually make the contact not contact anymore. Simply cleaning them up will work.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:04 AM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

I'm still having this problem but am going to take a look at this today..there was a little info on dielectric grease on the web and it stated this "Dielectric grease is a non-conductive, silicone grease designed to seal out moisture and, therefore, prevent corrosion on electrical connectors. Being non-conductive, it does not enhance the flow of electrical current. This property makes it an ideal lubricant and sealant for the rubber portions of electrical connectors.

My question is that if dielectric grease is non-conductive, won't it not do any good for me? Also, I tried to pull out the wires last time in order to try and clean/reconnect them but they wouldn't come out..so I'm not exactly sure how I would clean them..

Old 06-01-2017, 06:00 PM
11Chuck
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by MongoDV8
Mine started doing this too. It did it about a year ago and I tore it all apart but couldn't find anything. I was swapping out the switches from the wifes Durango , which had the same part number, and when I put it back together it just started working. I'll check for loose connectors like AF_HEMI suggested.
Thank you so much for you input Mongo, I popped the panel off the driver side and bent the connectors and all my passenger windows work now. I thought it was the passenger window switches which I just tried replacing one and it didn't work. Looked up this thread and tried what you said, now I just have an extra switch which I got off amazon for $17, I'll just keep it as a spare. Thank you again!

Old 04-23-2020, 01:37 PM
Mark Uerling
Default That worked; thanks

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
This is a VERY common problem. Its a bad connection on the underside of the DRIVERS side panel. pull the panel up and wiggle the wires. You can also pull the connector and spread some dielectric grease in there to make the connection better.
so I’ve been putting up with this problem for at least a couple years. Today I googled it and found your solution. Simple took switch assembly out and the passenger widow connector wasn’t even plugged in anymore. Plugged it in and everything works. I believe it wasn’t plugged in past the catch from the factory and just wiggled off.

Quick Reply: Passenger side window not working from pass. side only