3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

whats the best header for hemi..........i mean best

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 01:50 PM
tsnyder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best header for hemi..........i mean best

whats the best longtube header we can get for hemi 2007

Old 06-05-2010, 01:53 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

did you win the lotto? wheels, BEST headers? somebody got the bug....

Old 06-05-2010, 01:53 PM
tsnyder
Professional

the reason i ask is i just went to 4 exhaust dealers here and they all said u get what u pay for and that 1 guy said hes had a tough time with headman and edlebrock and swore jbm is best for the 5.7 i need some info from u guys that have headers i want to make a good financial desion here so any info and experiance u guys have is worth its wait in gold

Old 06-05-2010, 01:54 PM
tsnyder
Professional

Originally Posted by jusjay727
did you win the lotto? wheels, BEST headers? somebody got the bug....
yes i got the bug about 3 months ago and gonna post some new pics of the new mods i just did in the last 2 weeks

Old 06-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Trupiano
Veteran

pacesetter LT'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

pacesetter long tubes jet hot coated 2000'

Old 06-05-2010, 02:47 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

As the owner of Pacesetter LT's, I can safely say those who say Pacesetters are THE BEST are clueless!
They are decent and outperform anything near their price range on the dyno, but for straight dyno numbers, quality of materials and workmanship, NO headers touch the Dynatechs. I've yet to see anything compare to the numbers of a complete Dynatech system.

However you can buy three sets of Pacesetters with ceramic coating for what a full Dynatech costs UNCOATED....

If a muffler shop owner says anything else, I'd chalk it up to the fact that they just weld on mufflers for a living, but if a performance shop tech says any different, he's either BS'ing you trying to sell you what he can make better profit on or he's in the wrong profession...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 06-05-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:57 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hammer beat me to it. The BEST? Dynatech. Second best? Pacesetter. If you get Dynatech you're not very wise though because its not really a big difference at all. The "you get what you pay for" doesnt really apply to headers if you ask me. Go with Pacesetter and spend the grand extra you woulda spent on dynatech and get some gears. Gears + Pacesetter = wayyyyy better than dynatech

Old 06-05-2010, 03:00 PM
toxdoc
Veteran
Thumbs up

As mentioned: Complete Dynatech System and you can have it professionally coated as well. Probably spend 2k when all is said and done.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
As the owner of Pacesetter LT's, I can safely say those who say Pacesetters are THE BEST are clueless!
They are decent and outperform anything near their price range on the dyno, but for straight dyno numbers, quality of materials and workmanship, NO headers touch the Dynatechs. I've yet to see anything compare to the numbers of a complete Dynatech system.

However you can buy three sets of Pacesetters with ceramic coating for what a full Dynatech costs UNCOATED....

If a muffler shop owner says anything else, I'd chalk it up to the fact that they just weld on mufflers for a living, but if a performance shop tech says any different, he's either BS'ing you trying to sell you what he can make better profit on or he's in the wrong profession...
I sure hope a complete system with pipes and cats would out perform, but he asked about the headers. As far as i know, you can't buy just the dynatech headers for an 07. The reason their kits are so expensive is because they use stainless steel. Same reason magnaflow catbacks are expensive. If pacesetter made a complete kit I'm sure it would be upwards of 1k and yield similar results.

Quick Reply: whats the best header for hemi..........i mean best