3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Daytona Auto Mall Body Shop Does Crap Work!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 02:51 PM
alienyzf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Auto Mall Body Shop Does Crap Work!

I have to rant about their workmanship.

It all start when I took my truck in for the transmission reprogram for the tow/haul mode and to check out spot on roof that I found washing and waxing my truck the previous day. There was debris in the paint from the factory. An hour and a half passes and my truck is done and it looks like a bird **** on by drivers side door. At closer look it is a deep long scratch to the primer coat that noone was going to tell me about. A week later I drop off truck to be fixed under waranttee and at the expense of the dealer with a rental provided. A week has passed and I have my truck today with the ram 1500 decals off by two inches on the door compared to passenger side. Paste is still on roof and will not rub off and there is overspray all over the truck. Come monday they will find out that they ****ed up with the wrong person. A brand new paint shop with no attention to detail.

On a good note the paint matches and it should for a truck I have only had for six months. Flame Red QC SLT 4x2 Hemi Tow Package, 17" alloy, and bedliner. All business and out the door for 21K at the end of Oct. I am sure better deals are to happen this year with gas prices.

Old 05-14-2005, 04:04 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Daytona Auto Mall Body Shop Does Crap Work!

Wow. I feel your pain. Had a similar deal with my 01 Neon.

Old 05-14-2005, 11:54 PM
rob[GL]
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daytona Auto Mall Body Shop Does Crap Work!

I've noticed small defects in the paint on my truck as well, they're not noticeable from far away, but when I was my truck, and I'm up real close, I can see **** under the paint... How bad does it have to be, before they will do something about it? I can take pictures if needed.

Quick Reply: Daytona Auto Mall Body Shop Does Crap Work!