3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Removing Interior Panels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Jeep274
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Interior Panels?

Hey guys. Are there any tricks to removing the interior plastic panels? Particularly where the drivers side seatbelt is housed. I am running some c.b. antenna wire for my dad and would like to put it behind the panels. Do they just pop out, or do the have to slide in a certain direction? I didn't see any screws visible. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Old 05-16-2005, 05:25 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker
Default RE: Removing Interior Panels?

ORIGINAL: Jeep274

Hey guys. Are there any tricks to removing the interior plastic panels? Particularly where the drivers side seatbelt is housed. I am running some c.b. antenna wire for my dad and would like to put it behind the panels. Do they just pop out, or do the have to slide in a certain direction? I didn't see any screws visible. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
did you check the handle bars?? onthe middle colom... there are like some caps that pop off and i belive you can unscrew them from there..

Old 05-27-2005, 02:45 PM
NDW13
Rookie
Default RE: Removing Interior Panels?

Pop the cover off the upper seatbelt mount and unbolt it, then undo the one at the bottom as well. Follow that by pulling up on the door jamb trim til about 4 clips are loose. Now if you have a reg cab...you have to take the little cargo box out from behind the seat by removing the three screws; two on each side and one in the center. If you have a quad, then obviously the box isn't there so you should just have to pull the panels off....they are EXTREMELY tight. Just make sure that you pull straight on them so they won't warp. Just reinstall them in the order that they came off and you're all wrapped up, hidden wires and all. Good Luck

Quick Reply: Removing Interior Panels?