3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Removed Recirc Flapper-Now What?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 PM
bdhuntr
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Removed Recirc Flapper-Now What?

Ok, I suffered the dreaded busted recirculation flapper door failure on my '05 1500 QC (nothing like 98 degrees and high humidity for that, huh?), so I dropped the blower fan and pulled it out. Took about ten minutes tops and now I have plenty of airflow, although no recirculated air.

So....how hard is it to replace just the door through the blower opening? Is it feasible? Or will I have to pull off some of the dash?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:45 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't know about the ram, but on an jeep grand cherokee you can remove the glove box and cut open the air box to expose and replace the blend doors. on it - you can see the recirc door, and i think you could permanently tack it closed, but you cannot get to the recirc motor and shaft to replace it.

we cut the plastic box open with a utility knife heated up with a torch. it cut much cleaner and precise than with a dremel.

http://www.blendorstore.com/

Quick Reply: Removed Recirc Flapper-Now What?