3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aftermarket Torsion Keys - Truxxx or Ebay Specials?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 09:19 PM
PMopar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Torsion Keys - Truxxx or Ebay Specials?

Has anyone used a set of torsion keys off of Ebay to raise the front end of 3rd-gen Dodge Ram 1500 4X4? I just want to level out my front end. I have investigated simply cranking the torsion bars 4 turns, but I may switch to 315 70R17 tires and will need more lift than that if I go for it. I've looked into the Truxxx-brand keys (truxxx.com), but they are more than twice the price of these keys listed on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Just wondering what the quality and fitment is of the eBay specials - sure would like to save the price difference to buy shocks but don't want any headaches with quality or finding that they dont fit right, or don't achieve the desired range of front end lift.

Appreciate feedback from anyone that has tried non-Truxxx keys, or especially these ones on eBay.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:25 PM
4x4 toy
Default RE: Aftermarket Torsion Keys - Truxxx or Ebay Specials?

to be honest with you I just cranked my torsion bars up 7 turns and the truck sits level i know for a fact that you can run 32 on a stock 1500 4X4 however I am not so sure about back spacing I would pay for the torsion bar keys I would just get a 3/4" socket and crank it up

Old 06-14-2005, 11:29 PM
bigfoot

I'm running 33x12.50x17 pro comp all terrains on my 4x4 with no modifications at all. I am considering turning the torsion bars a little to level it out but thats all. I did notice that the tires are rubbing on the sway bar a liitle but not enough to feel it.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:47 PM
RebelRam04
Rookie

I wouldn't spend money on the ones from e-bay if you go with either key. We are talking about a MAJOR part of your front suspension and not something to be taken lightly. Quality is the number one concern on something like this since it will effect the ride quality and safety of the truck. I know the Truxxx keys are high quality parts, I have friends running them. I'm not sure about the cranking of the torsion bars but I have had many off-road shops advise against it, they might have just been trying to sell parts though.

Old 06-16-2005, 09:17 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

What is making the rough ride? I have my torsion bars up 1 1/2" and could probably easily go another 1/2". The ride is rougher but I was under the impression it's the rest of your front end causing that. The "new" angles on the ball joints, etc. Unless those are lengthened or other components changed out to support the new ride height, it'll be rough riding. Is it ONLY the torsion bar assembly making the rougher ride? Will putting in the keys ease my ride (not that I care anyway, it's a truck) or will it just allow MORE lift? Also, who makes a 2" longer shock? I didn't see an Edelbrock or Rancho for a 4x4 with 2" lift.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Torsion Keys - Truxxx or Ebay Specials?