3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 2wd spindle kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:11 PM
cloud
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 2wd spindle kit

I have an 08 ram qc 1500 2wd and have a 2" metal spacer that is making more noise than I care to listen to. I was thinking about a body lift since there are no lift kits out there for my truck and was told about a spindle lift kit. Can anyone tell me where I could find one at? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, should I keep my level kit in the front ( I am going to put in a different one from fat bobs) or should i just go with the spindle kit? I am looking to get around 6" of lift all around. I also have 20" rims and wanna put on 35/1250/20, is that going to be a problem?

Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 PM
CaliDodgeRam
Veteran

Im looking to level my truck (07 1500 qc 2wd) to but I'm getting mixed reviews. Im looking at the 2 inch kit from fat bobs that also provides new shocks, but i ve heard it wears down tires and breaks faster? Is that true? Any help would be great, including a spindle link.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:29 PM
cloud
Professional

From what I hear, if you go with a 2" level from fat bobs you will be okay. Mine is metal so I have metal on metal hitting in the front and it is horrible. Most people that I have heard having problems went with a 2.5". Fat bobs said that they had some problems with those and stopped selling them. 2" you should be fine. Get shocks and an alignment when completed though.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:48 PM
CaliDodgeRam
Veteran

Sounds good, your tires expeirence the same wear and tear even with the lift as they normally would?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:09 PM
cloud
Professional

that I don't know. I am newbie myself and have a ton of questions. lol.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by cloud
I have an 08 ram qc 1500 2wd and have a 2" metal spacer that is making more noise than I care to listen to. I was thinking about a body lift since there are no lift kits out there for my truck and was told about a spindle lift kit. Can anyone tell me where I could find one at? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, should I keep my level kit in the front ( I am going to put in a different one from fat bobs) or should i just go with the spindle kit? I am looking to get around 6" of lift all around. I also have 20" rims and wanna put on 35/1250/20, is that going to be a problem?
$300 at airbagit.com...and yes you can leave your coil spacer in but you will need some sort of lift in the back to make it level (cheapest proabably is lift shackles)

the width of that tire depends on the rims you have, if its the stock tires you need at least a 1.25in spacer

Originally Posted by CaliDodgeRam
Im looking to level my truck (07 1500 qc 2wd) to but I'm getting mixed reviews. Im looking at the 2 inch kit from fat bobs that also provides new shocks, but i ve heard it wears down tires and breaks faster? Is that true? Any help would be great, including a spindle link.
No it has absolutely no affect on the tire as long as you get an alignment

Originally Posted by cloud
From what I hear, if you go with a 2" level from fat bobs you will be okay. Mine is metal so I have metal on metal hitting in the front and it is horrible. Most people that I have heard having problems went with a 2.5". Fat bobs said that they had some problems with those and stopped selling them. 2" you should be fine. Get shocks and an alignment when completed though.
Mine is a 2.5in and im having a quite a few contacts between the UCA and spring bucket, but i think the 2in should be fine. You are right though, you definately need new shocks and an alignment

Originally Posted by CaliDodgeRam
Sounds good, your tires expeirence the same wear and tear even with the lift as they normally would?
like I said earlier, no different wear pattern

Old 06-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Matt99
Champion

btw cloud, im thinking of doing a BL sometime soon. If you wanna drive over I have the room and tools. We could try and do both in a day, or might have to split it up

Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
cloud
Professional

I am getting all new parts from Truxxx. I contact them today and told them the problems that I was having and they are sending a new level kit that is 1.75" and new blocks for the back. they are also going to reimburse me for having a professional put it in. Truxxx has been great about the whole thing.

Sounds good Matt99 but I have no clue of what to do when it comes to mechanics. I am the guy that can draw it up and make it look good, but putting it together, I am SOL!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:13 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

I did the 2" coil spacer with new shocks from Fat Bob's....so far so good.....

I do have the occasional bumping of the UCA, but it is only bad on a really large bump.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Matt99
Champion

yea well I am not a mechanic and not exactly mechanically inclined, but I usually am able to figure it out. If you are getting spindles, I would find a shop that will throw them in while putting the spacers in and get that included in the price you send to Truxxx

Quick Reply: 08 2wd spindle kit