3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help! Keyless entry install

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 12:02 AM
cashcrazy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! Keyless entry install

I have a 05 1500 without power locks. I finally purchased a central locking setup with keyless entry.

First off, I'll give a quick review of the Autoloc kit I purchased. It is Model CK2000. I was torn between getting one of cheap central locking systems off Amazon and the Bulldog keyless entry or going with the Autoloc. The first mentioned was about half the cost. The Autoloc webpage talked about the fine quality and their limited lifetime warranty, so I assumed it had to be a much better product. After the package arrived and I inspected it, I was dissapointed. The accuators to not look or feel any different from the cheap ones I have handled in the past. The key fob that came with it looks and feels cheap. The lock button will stick when pressed unless you only depress the lower edge. The buttons are not recessed so they are easily pressed in you pocket. The fob really looks like something that came out in the early 90's. I expect nicer if I am paying double. The wiring harness was also a disappointment. The kit had one 5 wire actuator and one 2 wire. The two wires that went to the passenger door were fine. However the 5 wires going to the driver side actuator were about 3 feet to short, so I had to go buy the proper wire and connectors to make it reach. The harness would be fine in a small car. The CK2000 will do what it was made to do. If I were to see everything before ordering I would have went another route. I could have purchased a better setup for less if I bought the locking system and keyless entry seperate.

On to my problem. Everything is installed and the locks are functioning properly. The keyless entry has an output for the park lights when locked/unlocked. From my reading online you tie into the white/green wire on the headlight switch. I wired my similar to the first setup in the following link:

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page1.asp

The instructions indicated that I should ground the #30 and run 12V to #86 so I did. The parklights will only flash when the headlight switch is on. The headlights will also flash when the switch has the park lights and headlights on. I woud like the park lights to flash when the switch is in the off position. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for reading.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:10 PM
cashcrazy

I have learned that the green/white wire is on the negative side of the circuit for the parking lights and I need to add a 330 ohm resistor to the relay to trigger the park lights. How do I add this resistor and where. Radio Shack does not sell an inline resistor. thanks.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
jose13b
Veteran

if you tie the + output on the keyless brain to a 30 amp relay then tie it into the relay for the parking lights under the hood in the fuse box in the engine bay you should be ok
or take out the driver parking light and tie it to the harness

Old 07-06-2010, 05:54 PM
cashcrazy

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to an installer from Best Buy and he said the resistor needed to be connected on the ground wire if I use the (-) output in the cab. I am going to give it a try and see what happens. I'll update when I get a chance to wire it back up.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 PM
jose13b
Veteran

its easy to tie a relay under the hood

Quick Reply: Need help! Keyless entry install