3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seat Swap Question (Heat and Console)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:07 AM
AlbertaRAM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Swap Question (Heat and Console)

Hello!

I am in the process of getting ready to swap my seats and centre console with a fellow Dodge owner.

He has factory leather and a middle seat in the front (with the flip up console and flip down cup holders from the dash) and I have aftermarket leather with the full middle console (no seat).

We are going to be swapping seats and consoles but I wanted to check first if there could be any issue(s) in doing this. Will the consoles change over fine? Will the seats still be fine (ie power and heat)? His have factory heat mine didn't (but they do have aftermarket heat).

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:43 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did this swap back in 2004, with a new SLT Laramie leather 10 way seat as they called it. Full electric position control plus lumbar and heat. My truck is a SXT with no options, meaning there is no wiring harness to support upgrades such as this. I hard wired my seat to the cigar outlet to provide the power. The heater needs a controller and I never connected it as I don't need it where i live. Basically a simple bolt up.

Quick Reply: Seat Swap Question (Heat and Console)