3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

obd 2 ecu software help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 AM
jaybiz1980
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool obd 2 ecu software help

Hey guys and ladys im new to this forum and 1+ year new to being a proud mopar owner! i have been a diehard chevy fan from day one but after looking at a chevy at a dodge dealorship and test drove my 04 ram 1500 quad cab slt i fell in love! I always love the hemi engines and put one in my 86 trans am and killed everyone at the track. no one could figure out how i was doing it with a naturaly aspirated engine a small block to boot! i built a 2 door 68 impala with a 96 lt1 and discovered all the cool things i could do with fuel injected engines. I came across lt1 edit software and a odb2 interface. I had live tuning capabilities and any guage i wanted on my laptop like fast and the furious! i was psyched! just by modding the ecu (re-mapped my fuel and timing and shift settings on the 4l60e trans) i gained 90hp. I figured this would be the best place to ask if anyone knew of any software like the lt1 edit for the 5.7 hemi. theres gotta be somthing out there. i downloaded tons of obd2 software but its all generic and limited to what you can do with it. i want to get into the core and start messing with it. i am extreemly computer savy and have been a gear head scince i was old enough to watch the origonal dukes of hazard show. any leads would be greatly appreciated. also the notorious hemi tick. i have heard different things like its the egr valve and its the number 7 push rod wear and to replace it with a 6.1 push rod. any clue to what it accuially is? thanks guys. oh i forgot to mention that im trying to avoid power programers. i love the trinity programer but i can do so much more with a laptop and im not limited to only 1 vehicle like the programers. thanks again i love this website!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:29 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF.

Let me move this over to 3rd gen for you.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:42 AM
jaybiz1980
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thank you. im not too sure how to use forums. go figure im a pc tech and never joined one. always read them but this is my first lol. any help is appreciated.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:36 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

There is software out there but unfortunately it is proprietary software and built into the tuners we use. Through the use of those tuners (Superchips and DiabloSports) they set it up in a GUI so a user can make changes. However, DiabloSport has CMR software a shop can buy and get the actual coded software to do custom tuning.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hemi tick is caused by the lifters.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

And sometimes it can be a broken exh manifold bolt and the leaking exh sounds like a tick. Check those as well

Quick Reply: obd 2 ecu software help