3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'08 Dodge Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 PM
va3sam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 Dodge Ram 1500

I have this pickup with Daytime Running Lights, and have recently installed a HEADRACK.COM with 2 Off Road lamps on the light bar. I have installed a wiring harness with a 20A 12V relay.

I think the headlight are 55% reduced illumination during the daylight hours. I do not fog/driving lights installed but there's a harness/jack which terminates near left side opening for fog/driving, and also near radiator.

I want to know where I can tap the lead from the relay to activate the off-road lights travelling at night with high beams.

I would appreciate any information that may be provided. I can worse come to worse install a foot switch of yesteryear.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:23 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

You'll want to tap into either the white/lt. green(driverside) or white/lt.gray(pass.side) wire that's in your headlight wiring harness and is plugged into your bulb. You just need one or the other, don't really matter which. You can use one of those for your relay "switched" source for your OR lights. A simple t-tap will suffice. What i like to do for t-taps that could be exposed to the elements is squeeze some dielectric grease inside the t-tap before you clamp down on it. This will protect the wire/connection from the weather.

Last edited by dirtydog; 07-08-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: added info

Quick Reply: '08 Dodge Ram 1500