3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Smooth Ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Natedog_74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smooth Ride

So I found a post from years ago in the archives about smoothing the unloaded ride on our trucks my clamping the overload leaf about 1 1/2" from the end. I done this over the weekend and I have to say I am impressed how much better the ride is. It seems to have lower the rear rake some also to makes the truck appear very close to level.

Has anyone else done this? I am debating removing the overload completely. I never plan to tow a camper with this truck or anything heaver than my ATV. (750lbs wet) in the bed. I am wondering if anyone has done both and has a comparison they can post.

Attached Thumbnails Smooth Ride-0706001213.jpg  
Old 07-08-2010, 02:02 PM
ThatRedDodge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in this also, if anyone does have any pics

Old 07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can take your O/L spring out, and if you do plan on towing big in the future, get yourself a set of airbags for about $250, and you will be set.

but to answer your question, i have only ever seen people take the O/L spring out when in combination with drop shackles. they do notice an improvement in ride quality though.

Quick Reply: Smooth Ride