3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about Fuel Line and Manifold to exhaust bolts

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010 | 07:18 PM
freestyledude
|
Captain
Default Question about Fuel Line and Manifold to exhaust bolts

Motor swap is going well, but I've hit 2 snags.

Manifold to exhaust bolts are very rusted, I sprayed them with oil yesterday and they will spin, but I see little brackets that were rotating as well which crumbled to nothing in short order. How can I pull these bolts out? Do I just keep turning?

And the other, the fuel line connected to the fuel rail needs a special tool for removal. What is this tool called or is there a way to pull it off without the tool?

Thanks

Old 07-12-2010 | 06:32 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

My manifold to exh pipe bolts did the same. Since I was replacing mine with headers anyway, I cut the pipe, dropped and manifolds and sawzalled the bolts.

As for the fuel line, you need a disconnect tool which you can get from any auto parts store.

You can get either type like these. I have the second one and have used the 3/8" piece many times to take my trans lines apart

Old 07-14-2010 | 03:09 PM
freestyledude
|
Captain

Thanks weed! Hopefully I'll have my truck back on the road soon, it's just depressing scraping my head on the roof of a little toyota while my trucks down haha

Old 07-14-2010 | 03:19 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

No prob, let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Question about Fuel Line and Manifold to exhaust bolts