3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where'd that chrome cap on the alloys removal thread go?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010 | 12:25 AM
TheFist
|
Veteran
Default Where'd that chrome cap on the alloys removal thread go?

I thought I was looking at this site a few days ago and there was a thread about removing the chrome caps off the alloy wheels on later model Rams.

Did anybody else see that thread?

I did a search and can't come up with anything.

I've seen some stock 20's on trucks just like mine that the alloy looked like brushed aluminum or like alloys usually look. I like that look better and then saw the post about the chrome cap...or thought I did.

Can those caps just be pulled off and the wheels cleaned?

Old 07-14-2010 | 12:48 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User

There's a few threads regarding the chrome caps and not being able to remove them because of the roughness of the wheel behind
The thread you are referring to was a member had asked if the chrome caps could fit over the standard wheels. It was not about taking them off.
Next time you see a thread and it's only been a few days, your better off just searching through the pages rather than using the search function. It works better for me anyways.
Most guys paint the chrome caps. Your better off painting them than removing them IMO

Old 07-14-2010 | 11:45 AM
TheFist
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by dirtydog
There's a few threads regarding the chrome caps and not being able to remove them because of the roughness of the wheel behind
The thread you are referring to was a member had asked if the chrome caps could fit over the standard wheels. It was not about taking them off.
Next time you see a thread and it's only been a few days, your better off just searching through the pages rather than using the search function. It works better for me anyways.
Most guys paint the chrome caps. Your better off painting them than removing them IMO
Yea, I went through 6 pages last night before I tried the search.

Looks like it doesn't matter if the wheels underneath the caps look like crap.

Quick Reply: Where'd that chrome cap on the alloys removal thread go?