3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

light load button - what's it do and when should I push it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010 | 06:18 PM
bensonjv
|
Question light load button - what's it do and when should I push it?

08 1500 Lariat Mega 4x4, Hemi...

Searched here and paged through the manual. Can't find anything on the "Light Load" button on center dash, between seat warmer buttons next to rear window control.

Conjunction junction, what's it's function?

Old 08-01-2010 | 10:17 PM
bensonjv
|
Talking

If you already knew this, just play along. For the rest of us, I found the answer:

The Light Load button adjusts the signal to the wireless control module to tell it that your tire pressures will be at the lower pressure. This prevents the Tire Pressure Monitoring System from turning on the low pressure dash light indicator.

Why? Because the combination of the suspension and tires at regular pressure levels creates a not so great ride. So when you aren't hauling anything, or only hauling, wait for it........light loads........you may wish to run at a lower tire pressure to make the ride a little better.

Light load tire pressure levels can be found on the driver door sticker.

Old 08-01-2010 | 11:06 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

^^^ LOL

I wouldn't have known what the light load button meant either. I'm sure there has to be an explanation in your owners manual somewhere.

Old 08-01-2010 | 11:09 PM
Bent
Veteran

I thought it was for when you dropped the chubby girl off.

Quick Reply: light load button - what's it do and when should I push it?