3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

02 ram vibrationsand clunks??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:15 PM
miller2josh
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 ram vibrationsand clunks??

hey guys. i need ure help on this one. i have an 02 ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.9l. first off. i have a vibration in the front end from about 37 to 43 mph. any above or below its fine. cant feel it at all. and here as of lately as i turn to the rite and the weight of the truck shifts to the left, u can feel the vibration distictly coming from the left front. idk whether its my wheel bearing or not. its not loose or humming er anything. its just got a vibration. sumtimes its like theres almost a clunk at the same time it vibrates, like u can hear the vibration. also when i hit the brakes within the 37 to 43 mph range, as the vibration is happening, it gets worse. u dont feel it through the brakes, but it actually shakes the whole truck. its not my rotors. ive replaced and turned my rotors just for peace of mind. ive also replaced rear ujoints as of 2 weeks ago. still didnt fix it. only thing i havent checked is my front ujoint. its very annoying and i would like to get it solved. any help at all is appreciated.

i also have a clunk coming from underneath my truck. it seems like it happens when im going over uneven ground. like when i come into my driveway n go across a small ditch at the top. (i dont beat this truck. at all. i try babying it really.since its my first NICE truck.) anyways, i had my brother shake the rear of the truck side to side. and i found that my leaf spring is clunking. its not broke. but one leaf kind of skips on another. the thin plastic bushing things between the leafs are quite wore out by the looks of it. im not sure if that is causing the clunk er what. ive had people tell me that broken leaf spring pins can cause this too. im not sure tho. once again, its very annoying, and any help is appreciated.

sorry that this post is so long. im on here almost every nite. and you guys r the best of the best. any help is greatly appreciated. i jsut need to figure it out. thanks guys.

JOSH

Last edited by miller2josh; 08-09-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: hit the wrong button when writing thread.

Quick Reply: 02 ram vibrationsand clunks??