3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Undercover bed cap experience?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:46 AM
Avanti
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undercover bed cap experience?

I was thinking about getting an "Undercover" plastic cap when my truck comes in. But, I just saw one on a Chevy while on a trip to Dallas and the fit wasn't very good (could have been the wrong one for the truck or a swap, etc.). More of a concern was that it (the cap, not the Chevy ) appeared to be warped upward mid-sides and at the middle of the back edge.

Anyone have one of these? Any experience or know someone who has? They seemed nearly ideal for my purposes, light-weight and water-tite, but not if they get wonky after being installed.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Truckxpressions
Veteran
Default RE: Undercover bed cap experience?

We used to sell them and got a great response from them. I saw 3 or 4 that we sold and the fit was perfect when we installed them. I was concerned with the possibility of the corners flaring up in the back over time but we have not recieved any complaints yet. Of course, we only sold them for about 9 months so i cant really give you any long term results.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:07 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

just buy a garage

Old 05-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Avanti
Captain

TruckXpressions: Thanks for the info. The warpage on the one I saw was the opposite of what you expected, i.e., all corners were significantly LOWER than the center edges.

BlackAcid: I HAVE a 1200 sq.ft. garage filled with toys and two sheds (my wife buys me the greatest toys), but that hardly covers my SnapOn boxes and parts when towing her MegaMonster Miata to the Salt Flats. Or, as my mother-in-law says, "That's a great idea; what else can you think of?" Btw, BA, my truck has been on order 6 weeks and nothing yet, if still interested in the emblems.

All the best and thanks for the comments.

Quick Reply: Undercover bed cap experience?