3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06+ navigation head unit replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 PM
DaytonaDakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06+ navigation head unit replacement

I have a 2006 mega cab with the navigation head unit. The wiring harness doesn't quite match up. Wiring diagrams list the ignition/accessory source As data or canbus. That's a simple fix just taping onto
A cigarette lighter or any switched accessory. But. The infinity amp, does anyone know which wire is the remote turn on for it.

Or is there a simpler way to replace the nav system. Id like to keep the premium sound. Just don't like the nav unit

Old 08-16-2010, 09:08 PM
luckydt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the simple fix is the wiring harness that cost 120 bucks, but most don't like that answer. I am looking to having my factory nav changed out for an aftermarket one as my screen on my OEM one went black today and can't change the source. so far looks like $1,197 is my best price installed for what i want and their willing to do the exact same price with an added back up cam in my wifes H3.

Quick Reply: 06+ navigation head unit replacement