3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cali, shortie vs. long

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:19 PM
ralaubach
Amateur
Location: If at first you don't succeed... go back and reload!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cali, shortie vs. long

Alright so i know that i will get better performance from the long tube headers. my dilemma though is living in Cali i have that pesky smog check. So first things first, anyone on here know of a shop that will get my truck "passed." if so please send me a messege.

Next up header brand. when i do order these anyone have some suggestions for brand to go with long or short. Thanks ya'll

Old 08-18-2010, 04:56 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO, its not worth it to try and find one of those shops. first, they are always going to be shady. second, they will charge you an arm and a leg. (ive seen some that charge upwards of $500 just to "pass" you) and lastly, what if you ever move? and the new town doesnt have a shop like that? you cant register your truck without the smog.

if you live in CA, stick with shorties. JBAs are the best performing out of the shorties, or so ive heard. but they are pricey. BBK probably has the best bang for the buck.

Last edited by OlDirtyJohn; 08-19-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:07 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree with sticking with the shorties and keeping the cats in place. In places like Cali, like OlDirtyJohn said, its not worth it IMO.

Quick Reply: cali, shortie vs. long