3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new things wrong with truck!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Beastro
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new things wrong with truck!

Ok first thanks for the info on over heating changed out the thermastat. now you know how sometimes on the 4 doors the windows will stop working but only the driver can control them. well i had the ac on when all of a sudden the fan stoped it wont blow on any setting but high and now all the windows can be controled indivigualy. when i play with the fan **** you can hear a click under the dash and the fans will work but the windows wont. i looked for lose wires found nothing. where should i look check fuses and there fine. any help would be great

Old 08-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Beastro
Veteran

Nothing people really is this just some crazy **** that is happening with my truck. Ok how about rear end bounce I found threads saying shocks and rotors. I got new shock my rotors are new what els could it be

Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Matt99
Champion

Rear end bounce....I dunno really man, if you got new rotors and shocks.....Have you though about putting some sandbags in the back and see if that helps?

Mine makes a click under the dash when I click the key fob. I think you have a little animal living in your electrical system, its weird that your window/lock system is acting weird AND your a/c. Do you have any CELs?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:23 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

For the AC fan, check the resistor block for fan and use your meter to test for variable voltage at each contact point on the resistor when changing speeds at the switch.

As for the bouncing rear end, my vote is warped rear rotors

Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Cooljay12
Amateur

Rear end might have a blown shock. Although it may be new, it could also be broken and not workin right....people buy and return "new" but defective equipement all the time-

Old 08-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Matt99
Champion

What's the chance that the old shocks AND new shocks are bad? Gotta be something else

And weed, he got new rotors

Old 08-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Beastro
Veteran

The fan and window problem its not just when on a/c it's the fan controll its self it will only work on high. True i never thought a new shock could be bad. I did just haul a 6x12 trailer to florida. What about leaf springs how long do they last?

Quick Reply: new things wrong with truck!