3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

thinking about changing exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 04:36 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thinking about changing exhaust...

i plan on lowering my truck with a 2/4 drop it already has 2" drop shackles and no o/l leafs, now my d/s exhaust hanger is coming unhooked every 6 mths and i need to get it rewelded this happened again today, what im thinking about doing is putting challenger tips on before my pass side tire and running my dual sets that way, but my dilemma is can i with out my leafs hitting my new set up with a drop ? i'd hate to do this and have to redo it...whats yalls opinions....should i just reweld it again wait for a new muffler and y along with the drop and then address the situation when i do this stuff or should i go with it cause it wont hurt anything........okla and the other dropped guys need chime in, im depending on you you too hemitx i know you just went thru this stuff with your exhaust and drop.....

Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

WTF biotch, I had my welder in my toolbox Sunday!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 07:17 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

damn man it came loose today...now what is the consensus on here about running a new y-pipe vs. x-pipe and true duals....if i run a y and a single in dual out cherry....or a x and say a dual in out dynomax or something free flowing and not overly expensive....it has to be short and sleek to fit under there....or should i just get a new y and cherry and dump it....it will be dropped another 2" all the way around im just worried about clearance and not screwing up the abs sensors or lines w/e runs along the top of the damn axle....

Old 08-25-2010, 08:03 PM
TXhemi5.7
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up man, do you have duals or single out? that will first determine your problem. My first kit was a 1 in 2 out muffler and the drivers side tip went around the spare...well the ABS wire is on top of the pumpkin. I did the BellTech 2/5 drop and with the new tips it does not get in the way of anything. This picture is actually taken before the rear wheel and i dont have to worry about anything anymore. If you do the 2/4 drop then you should be fine running out the sides before your rear tires. You really shouldnt have anything to worry about
Name:  2010-07-27_193840.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  100.1 KB

Old 08-25-2010, 08:04 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Get a cb. run it back with the new y and dump it. be easy and you don't have to worry about screwing anything up. IMO it looks better without the tail pipes and gives a cleaner look.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:07 PM
TXhemi5.7
Rookie

You wont be running straight up on the axle because if the bumps. im going to be doing Bassani mid length headers into high flow cats into a 3" bassani x pipe then dumping it like that. Right now i still have the stock manifolds and stock y pipe and cat into a new muffler and i still have alot of room under the truck

Old 08-25-2010, 08:14 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

yeah i think ill prolly just buy a cb x and a new y and dump em no tips at all....and tx its that damn d/s i keep having an issue with breaking the welds....

Old 08-25-2010, 11:24 PM
TXhemi5.7
Rookie

why are you gonna run an X and a Y pipe? and that blows man. but once u dump it, your truck will look SUPER clean from behind like mine and like Reds

Old 08-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Blk05HEMI
Veteran

Originally Posted by TXhemi5.7
why are you gonna run an X and a Y pipe? and that blows man. but once u dump it, your truck will look SUPER clean from behind like mine and like Reds
I think he means CherryBomb Xtreme and a Y pipe

Ull love the Bomb Jay trust me!! Loud n Proud!

Old 08-26-2010, 01:36 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

i think im just gonna get a bombxtreme and a new y/pipe and go from there maybe dumped maybe side exit street style ill ditch the challenger tip idea....

Quick Reply: thinking about changing exhaust...