3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

part number help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 PM
trashy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default part number help

Hi all. I'm new to the forum.

I have a '93 Ram, 4 wheel drive, 5.7 liter hemi. A while back, I got the check engine light, and discovered that it was a P0441 code. I did a quick inspection of the evap system, and didn't find anything wrong. This evening I was doing some maintenance on my truck, and decided to clear the fault code (again) and see if I got any others. Sure enough, the same P0441 code was there along with P0445 and one other that I don't recall.

All of the codes pointed to a leak in the evap system, though this time it wasn't a small leak but a larger one. Upon inspection of the hoses again, I found the one at the top of the evap canister(s) is split and needs to be replaced.

I spent 20 minutes on hold with my local Dodge dealer only to get hung up on, so I called the local NAPA. They don't have a part number for the hose, and said that I need to bring it in to match it up. A search on google wasn't much help either.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the part number for the hose. It comes out of the top of the evap canister(s) and connects to a rigid line going up to a valve in the engine compartment. It's fairly large in diameter and is molded with a few bends in it.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:06 PM
luckydt
Veteran

i'm going to assume either you did an engine swap or you have an 03' not a 93'???

Old 08-25-2010, 10:31 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

NICE, talk about a sleeper. Hemi in a box. I assume you mean an '03, figure out what you need from this page.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:37 AM
trashy

Thanks guys. Yes it's an 03, I just made a typing error. It looks like item #1 in that picture is what I need. Once again, Thanks!.

Quick Reply: part number help