3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need help with a dodge ecm problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:57 PM
nate0215
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with a dodge ecm problem!!!

HI all I recently replaced my ECM/ECU on my 2005 1500 and it started right up but had some problems after I took it home from the dodge place. The truck had three problems the first problem was the transmission it was shifting really rough which the dodge place fixed by adjusting the computer settings. the other problems were the power locks were not working with the switch in the truck and they were not working with the keyless entry but when I press the keyless entry the lights flash and thats it. Also the power locks were working for about a day or so a couple of days after I got the truck. The other problem I have is the A/C doesn't blow cold air. The mechanic I took it to said that the compressor runs constantly when the A/C is turned on. The mechanic said he wanted to check the fuses and said they were all good and he said the wiring harness that hooks up to the computer looked alittle rough but there was no shorts. The computer that I bought had all the same numbers except the letters the old one had AD and the new one had AE. I think its the computer and it needs to be reflashed what do yall think

Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 AM
nate0215

I noticed that the power locks try to work when I hit the unlock button they make a noise like they are trying to unlock and when I hit lock button they all lock does anybody know what is going on? could this be a computer problem? does the 1500's have a dual computers? if I had the computer reflashed could this fix my problems

Old 09-19-2010, 06:38 PM
nate0215

does anyone know if this is two seperate problems or is this all related to the ECM?

Old 09-19-2010, 09:04 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I have been told the the two letter suffic indicates version ie 123456789AD is one version older than 123456789AE. My guess is the new PCM is not flashed for your option package. As a side note I took my 03 in to be reflashed (updated) and the dealer was not able to get my PCM to register the newer version serial number. They say it has the newer version installed but it is still showing the old version. Sounds like BS to me. But haven't solved the problem yet.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nate0215
I noticed that the power locks try to work when I hit the unlock button they make a noise like they are trying to unlock and when I hit lock button they all lock does anybody know what is going on? could this be a computer problem? does the 1500's have a dual computers? if I had the computer reflashed could this fix my problems
If they sound like they are trying to lock and unlock but are not, I would pull the door skin and watch them so see if they are actually actuating.

Quick Reply: need help with a dodge ecm problem!!!