3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bag it!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 12:12 PM
graphicjunkie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bag it!!

I picked up a pallet of sheet rock last night. Before loading it, I pumped up the bags to 30psi. I didn't really know the max psi I could go to, so figured that was safe. Dropped the pallet in the back, and 3500lbs later, the truck was squatting a bit. Lost about half the height or distance between the top of the tire and the fender. It was a little bouncy on the way home, but not too bad. I just took it a little easy.

When I got home I decided to let some air out of the bags to see how much more it would sag. I stopped before letting even 5psi out, as it started to really drop quick. I didn't know if it would damage the springs if it went too far.

But I know that I will forever own an air bag helper system after last night, even though my next truck will be a 3500 cummins...