3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

throttle body or e-fan???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 04:47 AM
nussdawg395
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will have to buy a controller. I got mine for $35 at autozone. Pretty straightforward install.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:13 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flex-a-Lite fan will come with a controller. They have one now that make the fan a two-speed. Very nice addition to your truck. I put one on almost three years ago.

Don't skimp or take short-cuts. Wire it by the "book".

Old 09-27-2010, 08:05 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I just cannot justify the cost of those fans versus the Taurus fans. Thats just a lot of coin. A single speed fan controller isnt that bad cost wise but those dual speed fan controller goes for 75+

Old 09-27-2010, 01:36 PM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional

I went to that website and they only list them for the 5.7L Hemis.

Do you guys mean the Ford "Taurus" If so, what year? Or does anyone have a model number for the Flexlite?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:47 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like a 95 taurus 3.8l fan is just as good stay away from the junkyard ones mine chit out in 2 mths...

Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 PM
CBR900RR19
Professional

Seems funny we'll spend 20K or more on a truck add all kinds of goodies. Wonder what's the best spark plug or oil to get the best performance and mileage out of our babies. But something as important as the main powerplant keeping it cool and a fan that hopefully should be in the truck awhile. Well we'll quibble over a couple of hundred dollars and consider a junk yard addition with a warranty to keep us on the road. Don't get me wrong everyone has their own reasons and budget just seems like a no brainer to me but what do I know LOL... Just sayin

Old 09-27-2010, 09:29 PM
AaronOregon
Rookie

Originally Posted by CBR900RR19
Seems funny we'll spend 20K or more on a truck add all kinds of goodies. Wonder what's the best spark plug or oil to get the best performance and mileage out of our babies. But something as important as the main powerplant keeping it cool and a fan that hopefully should be in the truck awhile. Well we'll quibble over a couple of hundred dollars and consider a junk yard addition with a warranty to keep us on the road. Don't get me wrong everyone has their own reasons and budget just seems like a no brainer to me but what do I know LOL... Just sayin

Oh boy.......Look out! I tried saying this same thing about a month ago and got flamed heavily by the do-it-yourselvers. Just doesn't make sense to me all these guys on here that are buying resistors and parts from radio shack to experiment, when it's all out there on the market for cheap. Don't get me wrong, I do as much sh*t as the next guy, but some things are better off bought to know it's right and won't fu*k your transmission up or something. Flame on.................................

Aaron

Old 09-27-2010, 09:43 PM
CBR900RR19
Professional

Originally Posted by AaronOregon
Oh boy.......Look out! I tried saying this same thing about a month ago and got flamed heavily by the do-it-yourselvers. Just doesn't make sense to me all these guys on here that are buying resistors and parts from radio shack to experiment, when it's all out there on the market for cheap. Don't get me wrong, I do as much sh*t as the next guy, but some things are better off bought to know it's right and won't fu*k your transmission up or something. Flame on.................................

Aaron
Haha its all good I just like to promote healthy discussion is all LOL!!! I can see adding new parts to my toy but the junkyard is the last resort only if I can't find it else where, well for me anyway. Especially for something that is supposed to be a performance gain and is hopefully going to be in my truck for awhile LOL... Everyone has their own ideas

Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
bigslick050
All Star

Originally Posted by jake7
Well good job Bigslick, maybe you should be a sales rep.
I dunno about that, but do I know a thing or two about RAM pickups. LOL Just don't wanna see forum buddies puttin junk in the truck! Leave that for the Ford freaks plz

Here is the website where you can get the e-fan setup I got. Really high quality made fans, not cheap chinese junk. Comes with everything you need in the box the install including the adjustable fan controller (to set at any temp from 150-220 degrees)

I paid $295 for my kit plus shipping through their ebay store...but you can save $20 by purchasing directly from their website listed below...

http://www.ffdynamics.com/products_electricfankits.htm

Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 PM
CBR900RR19
Professional

Originally Posted by bigslick050
I dunno about that, but do I know a thing or two about RAM pickups. LOL Just don't wanna see forum buddies puttin junk in the truck! Leave that for the Ford freaks plz
Oooooo the "F" word I so agree....

Quick Reply: throttle body or e-fan???