3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Let's Play: Would this work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Smitz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cwboyjohnny24

I dunno. Looks like a good idea, but I still see some hella bends in the tube there. Especially the bend it has to make to go back to the TB. I'd just have to replace the rubber tube with a plastic or even sh!tter pipe to smooth out the air flow going on there.
That isn't their hood though... that is (i believe) the standard SRT 10 hood.

The APM hood is more of a direct shot:

Old 09-28-2010, 07:43 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Well, this is from the APM website:

http://www.apmautomotive.com/hoods/d..._dodge_ram.htm

Their hood isn't the SRT though, unless I'm misunderstanding you. Here is what their brochure says and it is layed out kind of like the picture I found on their website. If you look at their schematic on page 2.

http://www.apmautomotive.com/docs/AP...er%20Hoods.pdf

Plus, your TB isn't in the same place as the picture you posted. That looks like a chevy motor in your pic. Here is a SRT-10 motor for a dodge.

Last edited by cwboyjohnny24; 09-28-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Smitz

yeah, I was just giving you an idea of what it would look like under the hood. I know that wasn't a RAM. The biggest issue with the delivery of air to our trucks and most "RAM air" systems associated with them is that:

1) there is too much in the way of the actual intake. (radiator, fan shroud, wheel well, etc.)

2) there are way too many turns between the intake and the throttle body for the system to be a truly effective "ram air" system.

Now, I could be totally wrong on this but from what I have deciphered from their website and their little brochures, with the APM hood, the airflow is never going off to the side to your air filter. You purchase their whole ram air system and it looks more like the pic I previously posted. That seems more "ram air" then the SRT10 hood and setup that I usually see. Unless I am missing something.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

h pipes are a waste...only go xpipe...

Old 09-28-2010, 09:13 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

From the diagram I saw in the brochure, it looks like the intake is coming in the side of the motor, not the front like the pic you showed. If you look at the brochure where they have the arrow pointing at the engine, that's your fan. Look at the diagram where the intake tubes go. Looks like where the stock intake is on the side of the motor.

Quick Reply: Let's Play: Would this work?