3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 Ram Level

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 PM
vyx313
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Ram Level

Hi All,

I've recently decided to level my truck and I've been reading a lot of stuff on it.

Am I correct that to get a 2" level in the front I could just have Blistein 5100's installed on the front? Is that all I would need to do to get the 2 in lift (at the correct setting of course), no other parts?

It seems to me that this is a better option than the spacer level kit if thats the case.

Oh, this is for a '06 1500 QCSB 4x4.

Thanks,
Vyx

Old 10-29-2010, 06:11 PM
nfisher
Default leveling

Hi,

I bought the Trailmaster DL222 2" level (which is a coil spring spacer). For my longer shocks (which are necessary), I originally had weak trailmasters, but just got some Rancho 5000 series Part No. 5279. They are much stiffer, and I like the ride now. Rides like a damn truck.

Have any of you looked into replacing your stock coil springs with a spring that will increase your ride height by 3"? Longer shocks will be needed, plus I suppose you'd have to consider the lack of space up in the upper wheel well. The coil spring bucket may be pushed up too high at that point. I don't know. But check out:

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTS3000-X.html

Spring rates change with coil diameter, so buying an aftermarket coil spring may change the ride quality of your vehicle significantly. Anyone using a larger coil spring?? I'd be interested to hear how it's been... don't mind what year your truck is!!

Edit: check out Rancho's new QUICK LIFT for your 4x4s. From what I understand, replacement of your stock struts with these QuickLifts will increase your ride height without too much effort. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1srN...eature=related

Ok, peace.

Last edited by nfisher; 10-29-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling/more info
Old 10-29-2010, 06:13 PM
CardinalsFan11
Professional

Originally Posted by vyx313
Hi All,

I've recently decided to level my truck and I've been reading a lot of stuff on it.

Am I correct that to get a 2" level in the front I could just have Blistein 5100's installed on the front? Is that all I would need to do to get the 2 in lift (at the correct setting of course), no other parts?

It seems to me that this is a better option than the spacer level kit if thats the case.

Oh, this is for a '06 1500 QCSB 4x4.

Thanks,
Vyx
If you want to level your 4x4, get the Bilstein 5100. I have a 2wd so I can't get the Bilstein, but they are the best. THey won't sacrifice ride quality, and some people claim to get around 2.5" of clearance. The installation is harder than that of a coil spacer, but from what other people say it is well worth it.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:18 PM
shagbert44

Hey guys I have a 06 1500 Mega and I put a 3" Maxx coil spacer in and new BDS oil shocks. I'm off road quite a bit in the winter months so I went away from gas shocks as they charge up to much and the ride is way to stiff. I had to put in a BD Diesel stabilizer bar which connects the frame rails and steering vector shaft together to stop the bump steer and it rides pretty good for a big truck with a SFA. From ground to top of wheel well it stands at 44" on the nose and I'm running 315/70/17's but am going to switch to 35x12.5x17 m/t. I know Core Racing makes a longer coil and bilistein shock combo but it's pricey. Anyway the spacers are cheap and easy if your only looking for a moderate lift.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Matt99
Champion

yea its a good kit for a 2500 but there arnt near as many SFA guys on here

Quick Reply: 06 Ram Level