3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010 | 06:57 PM
sinus19
|
Veteran
Default Need help ASAP!

all of a sudden i hear a loud screetch! kinda like a belt... i open the hood and pined pointed the sound to be coming from my A/C compressor. i switched 3 times (2 being used) and i still got the noise!! today i noticed that A/C clutch is not engaging when i turn my A/C on? ?????? bad wires? i swapped the relay and fuse and i still got nothing. whats the screatch about? is th clutch stuck or somthing?

tomorrow im going to a utah (im in idaho) and i really dont wanna drive 3hrs with this high pitch screach. please help.

Old 10-29-2010 | 07:09 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User

What about the presure sensors? Have you replaced them or have you swappd them out or what? Have you recharged the A/C each time you changed out the compressor?

Old 10-29-2010 | 07:37 PM
sinus19
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by dirtydog
What about the presure sensors? Have you replaced them or have you swappd them out or what? Have you recharged the A/C each time you changed out the compressor?
no, havent checked the pressure sens and i dont think recharging it well do anything because i tested it by putting direct power to it(i did use its 10A fuse) and clutch kicked on.

Old 10-30-2010 | 12:30 AM
sinus19
|
Veteran

hmmmm... this is very wierd... i bought a bypass pully for the A/C compressor and a new belt and its still making the noise! WTF? which pully is it than???? ill check tomorow morning and find out what other it can be.

Old 10-30-2010 | 04:26 AM
freestyledude
Captain

Sounds like an alternator to me. Could also check power steering fluid level.

Old 10-30-2010 | 05:12 AM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain

Wait..............so you replaced the compressor, the noise continued, and so you replaced it two more times? Is that what I'm hearing? Ummmm.....why?

As far as pinning down the source, try rotating everything by hand with the belt off. If something is starting to seize and cause the belt to slip, it should be very easy to find that way.

Old 10-30-2010 | 12:01 PM
sinus19
|
Veteran

yup, replaced it 2 times because i got them from a junk yard and i thought they were both bad. i have tried spinning every pulley by hand and i cant hear anything, only at 1200+ rpm. and alternator is brand spanken new so that cant be it, replaced idler and nothing as well as the tensioner. the only 3 pullys left are crank, water pump (witch theirs no leaks) and power steering.
This morning i checked the power steering pump resorv oil level and its 3/4 full. i than turn the truck on and it "seems"that its coming from the PS Pump.

Last edited by sinus19; 10-30-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help ASAP!