3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Ram Daytona owner and new to forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Lateral-G
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ram Daytona owner and new to forum

Hi All,

I picked up my Daytona Ram quad cab last week amd I love it. Perfect match for my Magnum R/T. I get stares everywhere I go in this truck. The dealer's going to add a custom 2-tone leather interior, GPS, powered roof and extra window tint as part of the package. (main reason I went with this dealer since all the others would only give the stock options....so they lost my business).

Anyway, glad to be here and to read all the usefull info the forum contains. Any helpfull tips from other Daytona owners is appreciated.

-G-

Old 06-06-2005, 02:40 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Ram Daytona owner and new to forum

Welcome to Dodge Forum. Get some pictures of that truck when you have a chance.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Daytona Ram

Had my Daytona Quad cab 3 weeks now. Custom Orange and Black leather interior, functional hood scoop from SRT hood, CAI, Full length headers (if you install these, you DO NEED the Y-Pipe connector) with smaller than stock cats. Sounds great. Limo black rear windows and 30% front windows. Bedliner and inside rails tonneau cover with locking tailgate. Love it. Clay it as soon as you can then pick a product and use only it for polish/sealant. Can use aluminum polish on tailpipes, looks good. Found a few small paint defects dealer will be repairing. Wish there was a mute button on the wheel for using cell phone instead of turning radio down or off. Takes a while to learn to use radio controls on wheel. Getting 14.3 mpg average around town, no trips yet. Still less than 800 miles. Change oil at 1000 using only synthetic from can. Always change filter with oil. Enjoy it. You're right, really gets the looks.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Lateral-G
Professional

ORIGINAL: Daytona Ram

Clay it as soon as you can then pick a product and use only it for polish/sealant.

can you elaborate on what you mean by 'clay it'?

-G-

Old 06-10-2005, 02:55 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's taking about a clay bar system like the one Mothers offers. It's great for getting the surface if the truck super clean before applying an wax. The kit will run about 18 USD and is worth every penny.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Just a tip on the clay. When I get a bar I always tear it in half and use half at a time until I drop it or it gets too dirty. If you drop it, throw it in the trash. With new paint it shouldn't be too bad. Also make sure you fold and knead it frequently and use plenty of lubricant so it doesn't stick. Oh yeah, and do it on cool paint.

Quick Reply: New Ram Daytona owner and new to forum