3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
mark70669
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights

The vehicle:
2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Long Bed
4x4
Regular cab

The mission:
Install OEM Foglights in a truck that never had them

There is a wiring harness going down to where the fog lights would normally be. The connector is on the end and in good shape. There are no swtches that I can find inside that would be used for fog lights.

My question is: Is there a way to use the factory wiring for the lights I am adding? Where is the end inside the cab?

Would I be better off running new wiring?

Old 11-13-2010, 03:49 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I have heard some guys saying they bought the OEM foglight kit which includes the interior switch and foglights/brackets and they worked no problem utilizing the existing wiring. Then there are other guys that have had to go to the dealership so the mechanic can turn the feature on within the ecu via Starscan tool.
Now, I believe it matters what year you have. being that you have a 2003 you may be in luck, but i cannot confirm this. i think it's the newer one's that need to have the feature turned on. i have fogs stock so I am throwing out hearsay.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:26 PM
PhotogTom
Veteran

I installed an OEM kit, which came complete with all the wiring, fuse, relay, and switch plus instructions. It was a pretty easy installation, though I altered things just a bit so that I could have the fog lights on with the high beams, low beams, or parking lights instead of just with the low beams.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:07 PM
mark70669
Professional

Originally Posted by PhotogTom
I installed an OEM kit, which came complete with all the wiring, fuse, relay, and switch plus instructions. It was a pretty easy installation, though I altered things just a bit so that I could have the fog lights on with the high beams, low beams, or parking lights instead of just with the low beams.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Fog Lights